Small FPV cameras

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
HammerWihoutASickle
Lance Corporal

Small FPV cameras

Post by HammerWihoutASickle »

Just a thought - but has anyone here attempted to install a camera capable of FPV on a tank?

If indeed this has been done - does anyone know of a thread I can have a look at?
Heng Long T-90SM
Heng Long Leopard 2A6
Heng Long Challenger 2 (credit to rctankmodified)

I ask too many questions.
Jussek
Sergeant

Re: Small FPV cameras

Post by Jussek »

several members here have done this.

BTW, do you mean DRV right? ;D ... as we Drive, not fly! :haha:

i myself installed two pinhole cameras inside a tiger I, one on the driver's visor, the second on the coaxial MG hole.

unfortunately the images seems to be gone on my thread, i will have to rebuild it, but this will took time...
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=10148&hilit=tiki&start=60

i hope not to break any forum's rule linking this thread form another forum (pages 6 &7), where you can see the pics (it's in spanish, but google translate can hel you if needed)

http://www.lacadenaherrumbrosa.net/inde ... t=90#38918

these cameras i used where the smallest i found, and they came with built-in transmitter, but it is of low output power, and the antennas where inside the hull, so the image quality was poor, or better said, with too much interferences at times...

here is the link to a video made from the driver's view, take into account that i was driving from my living room through my plasma tv, with several walls in between, and about 15 to 20m far from the tank-

phpBB [video]

this is my way, i do not like to detail a ww2 tank and then put a big bulge on top with the camera!

best regards
Jussek

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Club-RC-Reus-Secci%C3%B3-de-Modelisme-Militar-Radiocontrolat-PzGr-Tarraco/639220812799552
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

I've done it with the mobius mounted on top, and I'm about to install a mini cam and TX in the Hetzer. This is the camera I use

https://us.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wareh ... ds=myorder
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
HammerWihoutASickle
Lance Corporal

Post by HammerWihoutASickle »

Thanks!

This will be fun.
Heng Long T-90SM
Heng Long Leopard 2A6
Heng Long Challenger 2 (credit to rctankmodified)

I ask too many questions.

Return to “General Questions”