5.2 Vs 5.3 Heng Long receiver

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
55recce
Recruit

5.2 Vs 5.3 Heng Long receiver

Post by 55recce »

With thanks to people from this forum I have determined that I need to order a new receiver for my King Tiger (there was a burning smell from inside and all the functions work except the drive motors).

So how do I determine if I need a 5.2 or 5.3 new receiver? Does it matter? Does it say somewhere on the current receiver which version I currently have?

Many thanks in advance. This is my first r/c tank and so far it has been a very frustrating experience trying to get it sorted out and working properly.

Cheers, D
55recce
Recruit

Re: 5.2 Vs 5.3 Heng Long receiver

Post by 55recce »

So found the answer myself. You have to disconnect all the wiring from the receiver (making careful note of what goes where), then open the receiver and it is written inside.

I also found the source of the problem which is a small electrical terminal complete with short section of black wire and fixing screw loose inside the receiver. This must have dropped in when the tank receiver was being made and then jiggled loose shorting out across some component and burning it out. The seller is hopefully sending a replacement but it does illustrate bad workmanship and one of a series of manufacturing/shipping issues that I am struggling with to get this tank to work properly.

Cheers, D
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

55recce wrote:So found the answer myself. You have to disconnect all the wiring from the receiver (making careful note of what goes where), then open the receiver and it is written inside.

I also found the source of the problem which is a small electrical terminal complete with short section of black wire and fixing screw loose inside the receiver. This must have dropped in when the tank receiver was being made and then jiggled loose shorting out across some component and burning it out. The seller is hopefully sending a replacement but it does illustrate bad workmanship and one of a series of manufacturing/shipping issues that I am struggling with to get this tank to work properly.

Cheers, D
Glad you found the source of the problem and have a resolution in place. As you are new to the hobby I give you great credit for opening the tank and the reciever and finding it yourself. Image Image when I started out years ago I was afraid to unscrew the hull of my Tiger I with fear is break the air filter hoses off..... Now I just dissect themImage
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Dubar
Recruit

Post by Dubar »

What's the differences between the two as far as wiring and function?

I bought a 2.4Ghz upgrade kit and the box showed the board with a 3-pin CN8 ST connector but the board came with a 2-pin CN8 ST connector and a blue binding connector (5.3?) .

I used this to upgrade a 27Mhz HL MKIV F2 and had to guess where to make the connections. Somehow I managed to connect the elevation motor not in the correct socket and caused a bit of smoke (and flame) :crazy: as a result I don't have elevation but the gun does shoot the 6mm BBs. All other functions seem to work fine.

I want to buy another board, but I'm afraid it will require yet more guesswork as to where to make the connections.

Also, I read that a v5.4 is out or coming out, but I can't find the link now.

Return to “General Questions”