elmod fusion pro: going from 4:1 steel gearboxes with 380 to

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Jussek
Sergeant

Re: elmod fusion pro: going from 4:1 steel gearboxes with 38

Post by Jussek »

Hi chaps

Past Sunday we did a lot of work on the Panzodrom, moved several dozens of wheelbarrows loaded with soil from here to there making new hills on the east side of the river, raking and sweeping all over the place to get rid of stones and pebbles, also pulling out innumerable weeds...

And after several hours this exhausting ground work was finished, well, the work was not finished but we were... then we had lunch and ‘tried’ to do some tanking, very little this time!

I tested the KöTi with the elmod pro, it ran quite well, it even forded the river: bad idea… the terrain is not yet well laid and ready and the dust and little pebbles stuck to the wheels and tracks and I burnt my first fuse.

But on the slopes this fat cat suffered a bit. I had to apply more gas to overcome the obstacles. Maybe the 390 will throw more torque, as I have to order from Dominique a new elmod for the Tiki, I will take profit and will order these engines too.

I will report in the future if there is any improvement.

Best regards and thank you very much!
Jussek

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Club-RC-Reus-Secci%C3%B3-de-Modelisme-Militar-Radiocontrolat-PzGr-Tarraco/639220812799552
Jay-Em
Corporal
Location: The Chilly and Flat part of the Netherlands' North.

Post by Jay-Em »

Get the two 22000 rpm Taigen 390's sold on Licmas panzer for about €13.-. There's quite the difference in torque between a 380 and a 390 motor.

To me the best solution remains 2 Igarashi 5-poles from Conrad. On 3s they are a tad too fast, but that can be adjusted in the Elmod itself I guess.

And if You réally insist on gear-splitting torque, 2 x 12-pole 400-size brushless outrunners in 1800 to 2200 kv, and separate esc's are the way to go. I do not know if Elmod supports separate esc's, though.
It also opens a can of worms afa pinions go. Not all 400-size outrunners use the same size shaft. There's 2.3mm, 3.0 mm, 3.2 mm etc. Finding a 10-tooth pinion for them could be problematic.

Oh, and remember that Elmod's "gears" are a fake-out. Where in real life the torque in lower gears is more, the Elmod just limits the amps and volts the motor can pull, leading to weak pulling power.
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

hi chaps

hey Jay-Em these looks promising, i saw your thread talking about them. It's needed to solder the capacitors or they come already installed?

best regards
Jussek

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Club-RC-Reus-Secci%C3%B3-de-Modelisme-Militar-Radiocontrolat-PzGr-Tarraco/639220812799552
Jay-Em
Corporal
Location: The Chilly and Flat part of the Netherlands' North.

Post by Jay-Em »

Capacitors should be separately purchased. I got oodles of them, so I didn't think about it. But, yeah, the Igarashi's come without capacitors. You could use those of the original HL motors.
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

oook, thank you Jay :thumbup:

i will try first the 390, as i made an order to rctank.de for a second elmod, i have taken profit of the postage cost and ordered a pair... if they fail, i will think seriously about these Igarashi :think:

thanks mate

best regdards
Jussek

Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

hi sirs

finally got from rctank.de the second elmod for the tiki tiger, and also four 390 engines to test.

i've to say that the first impression elmod OOB + 390 installed, was that the cat was not a tiger but a cheeta! :wtf:

nothing that you cannot solve in the elmod soft.

yesterday i made some ramps, so i will able to drive all around my home bypassing three steps i have in different locations of the garden, and here you are a little and short video showing the 8.5Kg Köti at lowest speed without momentum, starting from stopped climb a 20 degrees ramp.

phpBB [video]

i think these engines have a significantly higher torque :thumbup:

best regards
Jussek

c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Jussek very well done. I see this pulling up the ramp very easily

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
Tanks alot.... :wave:

Return to “General Questions”