Posting pictures

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Davarama
Lance Corporal

Posting pictures

Post by Davarama »

Hi, since Photobucket stopped free forum photo posts can anyone recommend an alternative? I had some great camo photos on links from this forum but they are now gone.

Want to post photos here but don't know where to start.

Ta, Dava.
Tamiya Tiger 1
Tamiya King Tiger
Tamiya/Wechoe Jagdtiger
Heng Long Stug iii
Heng Long Jagdpanther
Torro Jagdtiger
Taigen Panther G
Heng Long Challenger 2
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Posting pictures

Post by jarndice »

Hi Dava I have never posted a picture on this Forum and I am not planning to start But cant you download it from your facebook account ? Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Davarama
Lance Corporal

Post by Davarama »

Facebook? Not for me, dealing with people in person is bad enough!

Make the effort on this forum!

Dava.
Tamiya Tiger 1
Tamiya King Tiger
Tamiya/Wechoe Jagdtiger
Heng Long Stug iii
Heng Long Jagdpanther
Torro Jagdtiger
Taigen Panther G
Heng Long Challenger 2
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

You can always upload photos direct to the forum. If you use the full editor, there is an option "Upload Attachment" to be found below the editing box. The only drawback is than there is a maximum size of, I think, 350Kb. I use this method and shrink my photos using ImageBatch.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

I use IMGUR.com which seems to work fine for me - no charges and so far no limits.

Alwyn
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

I upload directly from My iMac using Apple's 'Photos.' I use the 'Preview' app for adjusting pic dimensions, or pixel counts if necessary. :)
Windows 10 offers similar tools. Just create a folder somewhere on your Mac or PC solely for RCTW photos, and upload from that. :thumbup:
Last edited by 43rdRecceReg on Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

Davarama wrote:Hi, since Photobucket stopped free forum photo posts can anyone recommend an alternative? I had some great camo photos on links from this forum but they are now gone.

Want to post photos here but don't know where to start.

Ta, Dava.
I know this is not a popular choice, but I actually use the upload attachment function. Its easy to do, but you have to resize your photo to less than 350kb.

When you compose a message, you will notice that there is an Upload attachment tab and pick that you will see the option to choose the photo files.

MIchaelC.
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Raminator »

I find that it's the easiest and safest way to do it too. It's nice not being beholden to a third party, unlike this Photobucket debacle.
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

So now Flickr has imposed limits after being taken over by another company.
They limit 1000 pictures and have revoked the free 1Tb that they had previously. For me this is simple, i am removing my account and using someone else. They can go get stuffed if they think i paying them monthly.

So maybe now i will get more into imgur instead, unless there is another good alternative?
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Doesn't help the storage issue but just for posting images here Tapatalk I've found to be by far the best way

Return to “General Questions”