RC Tank Brands?

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
foxtrotraptor
Lance Corporal

Re: RC Tank Brands?

Post by foxtrotraptor »

yes sir, while I wait im looking into arts and crafts stores to get stuff to add to the tanks, I already found some good stuff including chains and rope.
Ideals are peaceful, history is violent.
foxtrotraptor
Lance Corporal

Post by foxtrotraptor »

Ok guys good evening. Update today. My KT arrived today. So far so good. Everything came in one piece. The box had a good hit thanks to UPS :/ but luckly there was extra padding. (Thank you Erik). I'm sure the padding saved it, some stuff was knocked off but I put everything back on. Started her up and everything function correctly, I think the tracks have a bit too much slack because the tracks seem to bunch up around the drive wheel sometimes, Erick added the toro tracks and did mention that he was gonna add some links for the slack, so I'll see how that goes I may just remove one link on each side. The board and power cable were included as well. So next step is to install that and hopfully that will fix my Panther problem. Things are looking up. Thank you guys and thank you Erik. I plan to make a video when this all set and done to highlight the products and all that. :thumbup:
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

This is most excellent news Mr Fox Now you can start having fun and learn while you go.
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Spartan tracks
Staff Sergeant

Post by Spartan tracks »

My Thoughts: I started out with Henglong and went mad and had about 15 Henlongs which was a mistake then I went the opposite way and bought a Tamiya but as I won't be battling I found the Tamiya didn't move over rough terrain like I real tank and also I have bloody great hands and I really struggled building with tiny bits, so I went to Torro which are mostly metal and run really well, So not including hours of painting once I've bought a Torro tank £350-£450 they usually have upgraded gearbox,s I then remove the standard 2.4 board and radio and sell it minus £45 then fit a new FlySky i6 radio £30 and Elmod Fusion Pro £200 your at about £650 at the finish.
Then you have a strong metal tank with upgraded parts already fitted a good radio and brill board for sometimes less than a Tamiya. some people may not agree this is just my opinion .

Kind regards Andy
Jagdpanther 1/6 1st SS
Torro Sturmtiger Clark TK60
Torro Jagdtiger Elmod Pro
Torro Panther G Clark TK60
Torro Panther F Clark TK60
Taigen Tiger 1 Early .....
Torro Jagdpanther TK60
Hooben Elephant Elmod Pro
Torro Tiger 1 Late ...
Torro KIng Tiger .....
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Spartan tracks wrote:My Thoughts: I started out with Henglong and went mad and had about 15 Henlongs which was a mistake then I went the opposite way and bought a Tamiya but as I won't be battling I found the Tamiya didn't move over rough terrain like I real tank and also I have bloody great hands and I really struggled building with tiny bits, so I went to Torro which are mostly metal and run really well, So not including hours of painting once I've bought a Torro tank £350-£450 they usually have upgraded gearbox,s I then remove the standard 2.4 board and radio and sell it minus £45 then fit a new FlySky i6 radio £30 and Elmod Fusion Pro £200 your at about £650 at the finish.
Then you have a strong metal tank with upgraded parts already fitted a good radio and brill board for sometimes less than a Tamiya. some people may not agree this is just my opinion .

Kind regards Andy
A fair and reasonable explanation Mr Spartan.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
foxtrotraptor
Lance Corporal

Post by foxtrotraptor »

well its finally complete. King Tiger and Panther are up and both running perfectly. KT had no problems and the Panther problem was fixed by replacing the mother board. A quick swqap of the board and a quick binding of the remote and I was done. 5 min and I was done. Cannon fire and and flash work :thumbup: now its time for fun! Ill be posting a video on you tube in a few weeks. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks again everyone and Erik from Imex. now let the fun begin

Return to “General Questions”