RC Tank Brands?

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
foxtrotraptor
Lance Corporal

Re: RC Tank Brands?

Post by foxtrotraptor »

jarndice wrote:Most servicemen have little positive to say about the Military Police,
But I have had my sorry backside saved by them on at least three separate occasion's.
They are unlikely to offer much in the way of leeway when it comes to transgressing Military Law (After a two day security debrief I was reminded by an MP Sgt that I could be charged with being improperly dressed as I was not wearing a necktie which was at the time standing orders :lolno: :lolno: ) BUT they will come to the rescue when you are in trouble.
Shaun.
Yeah that sounds about right. We don't have many fans lol but that's the job. Anyways before we go more off topic...just waiting for my Taigen to ship out :thumbup: not sure if I'm going to be doing anything to that one yet. Hopefully it won't have any problems unlike my HL
Ideals are peaceful, history is violent.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

foxtrotraptor wrote:
43rdRecceReg wrote:I was going to say that the difference between Taigen and Heng Long is quality; but of late Heng Long have improved their inventory appreciably. The most obvious difference though, and one you'll notice immediately if you get involved in
enhancing the tank, is that most Taigen models have a quick release option that allows the upper and lower hulls to be separated in seconds. HL tanks require time and a screwdriver. As Jarndice (Shaun) has intimated, marrying a (separable) Taigen
lower hull up with a Mato or Heng Long upper makes good sense; especially for the upgrading dabbler. :D
Building your own tank from Taigen and Heng Long parts is much easier if the lower hull comes away in an instant...
Do all Taigen tanks come with that quick release? I dont remember reading that when I bought my Taigen
As has been noted by others, and when I say 'most' I meant that the more up market versions of the T34, Tiger, 1, Tiger 2, Panzer 111, Panzer IV (recently) Leopard, Jagdtiger, Panther G/F etc. do have quick release systems in the metal hulls.
The hulls are available separately, as is a kit you can buy to convert your tank to 'quick-relase'
Have a look here at the Taigentanks parts section on their website... but try to resist the temptation to buy all the 'pro' or 'metal' options in one go ;)
http://www.taigentanks.com/taigen-tank-parts/
Last edited by 43rdRecceReg on Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
foxtrotraptor
Lance Corporal

Post by foxtrotraptor »

43rdRecceReg wrote:
foxtrotraptor wrote:
43rdRecceReg wrote:I was going to say that the difference between Taigen and Heng Long is quality; but of late Heng Long have improved their inventory appreciably. The most obvious difference though, and one you'll notice immediately if you get involved in
enhancing the tank, is that most Taigen models have a quick release option that allows the upper and lower hulls to be separated in seconds. HL tanks require time and a screwdriver. As Jarndice (Shaun) has intimated, marrying a (separable) Taigen
lower hull up with a Mato or Heng Long upper makes good sense; especially for the upgrading dabbler. :D
Building your own tank from Taigen and Heng Long parts is much easier if the lower hull comes away in an instant...
Do all Taigen tanks come with that quick release? I dont remember reading that when I bought my Taigen
As has been noted by others, and when I say 'most' I meant that the more up market versions of the T34, Tiger, 1, Tiger 2, Panzer 111, Panzer IV (recently) Leopard, Jagdtiger, Panther G/F etc. do have quick release systems in the metal hulls.
The hulls are available separately, as is a kit you can buy to convert your tank to 'quick-relase'
Have a look here at the Taigentanks parts section on their website... but try to resist the temptation to buy all the 'pro' or 'metal' options in on go ;)
http://www.taigentanks.com/taigen-tank-parts/
No more temptation. :lolno: I haven't even received my Taigen yet. Just got a email today that its been shipped out. Not sure when it will get here. I'm guessing by end of this week or next Monday-Tuesday.
foxtrotraptor
Lance Corporal

Post by foxtrotraptor »

well this is a bummer. Got my Taigen King Tiger yesterday. Open it up this moring. Everything looked great and complete. No missing parts no broken parts. Charge the battery, Turn it on. Ran it on normal flat kitchen floor. Moved forward for about 10 seconds then stopped. Looked the wheels were stock, then went in reverse moved fine for like 3 seconds then got stuck again, tried to move left and right but it did not work. I head the gearbox moving but nothing else. I didnt want to overdo it so I stopped. I check the tracks and wheels and all looks fine. :/ not sure whats wrong. Im too afraid to look inside until I contact IMEX and see what they say. Such a dissapoitment, was really looking forward to it :(. :|
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I am sorry to hear of your disappointment BUT this is why you bought from "IMEX" Contact ERIK and he will move heaven and earth to resolve any issues with your King Tiger.
Trust me the man is a jewel.
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
foxtrotraptor
Lance Corporal

Post by foxtrotraptor »

jarndice wrote:I am sorry to hear of your disappointment BUT this is why you bought from "IMEX" Contact ERIK and he will move heaven and earth to resolve any issues with your King Tiger.
Trust me the man is a jewel.
Shaun.
Gotcha, I hope so, I sent Imex a email so Hopfully I will hear from them by Tuesday or Wednesday.
foxtrotraptor
Lance Corporal

Post by foxtrotraptor »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:That's a real shame :(

Im 0 for 2 now man. Not off to a good start. :wtf:
Wolverine Tanker
Private

Post by Wolverine Tanker »

I did some research before putting down a substantial amount of money on a Tank. Taigen for the money was the best bang for the buck. I bought mine from Eric here in the states and he has been awesome as far as questions and parts. The only difference that I noticed about Taigen Tanks across the pond is that you guys get the new stuff before we do. I am very happy with mine. The only issue I had with mine was a finicky air soft unit. But he replaced mine at no charge. I prefer the metal units better than the plastic ones. They feel like the real thing.
foxtrotraptor
Lance Corporal

Post by foxtrotraptor »

Well I hope so because now I noticed even more problems. I decided to record the track issue in case Imex ask for some proof. Well while doing that I decided to try the gun. I noticed the barrel recoils but the rest of the tank does not also the muzzle flash on the cannon does not Work. :thumbdown:
Wolverine Tanker
Private

Post by Wolverine Tanker »

Sounds like you just got a bad tank. I'd see if I could return the tank for another one. Or get my money back and speak to Eric at Taigen Tanks in Florida and he will get it right. Sorry your having so much trouble.

Return to “General Questions”