RC Tank Brands?

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
foxtrotraptor
Lance Corporal

Re: RC Tank Brands?

Post by foxtrotraptor »

c.rainford73 wrote:Fantastic newsImage Image now you will have metal tracks too!
Well that's kinda the confusing part my tank already came with metal tracks so I'm not sure what the torro tracks are
Ideals are peaceful, history is violent.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

foxtrotraptor wrote:
c.rainford73 wrote:Fantastic newsImage Image now you will have metal tracks too!
Well that's kinda the confusing part my tank already came with metal tracks so I'm not sure what the torro tracks are
Wow so your original purchase ( if it worked of course) was a really good deal. Maybe higher quality tracks. Someone on here knows.Image
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Wolverine Tanker
Private

Post by Wolverine Tanker »

Better or the same , the metal tracks are expensive so if he is giving you an extra set you got a real good deal. Let us know how it turns out.
foxtrotraptor
Lance Corporal

Post by foxtrotraptor »

Wolverine Tanker wrote:Better or the same , the metal tracks are expensive so if he is giving you an extra set you got a real good deal. Let us know how it turns out.
Yes sir I was thinking the same thing. I'll let you guys know when I get it back
foxtrotraptor
Lance Corporal

Post by foxtrotraptor »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Cool, keep us posted Double D. . . . . (Dancing Dinosaur lol).

I used to call my wife Fifi, but that was only a pet name. . . .
:haha: :haha:
foxtrotraptor
Lance Corporal

Post by foxtrotraptor »

c.rainford73 wrote:
foxtrotraptor wrote:
Wow so your original purchase ( if it worked of course) was a really good deal. Maybe higher quality tracks. Someone on here knows.Image
Hopfully, we will know for sure once I get the replacement. Im guessing in two weeks.
Dusty Steppes
Private

Post by Dusty Steppes »

Torro King Tiger metal tracks are closed pin. Taigen are not.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:
Dusty Steppes wrote:Torro King Tiger metal tracks are closed pin. Taigen are not.
Which means?
In other words, are torro better?

Mick.
Yes. Like my Tamiya King Tiger metal tracks are closed pin like the real ones. No exposed pin in the middle of the track facing the wheels. The track links are solid where they join.Image
Tanks alot.... :wave:
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:
Dusty Steppes wrote:Torro King Tiger metal tracks are closed pin. Taigen are not.
Which means?

Mick.
Depends, some Taigen are some aren't
Dusty Steppes
Private

Post by Dusty Steppes »

tomhugill wrote:
Son of a gun-ner wrote:
Which means?

Mick.
Depends, some Taigen are some aren't
I have six Taigen tanks with metal tracks. They are all closed pin except for the Porsche King Tiger.
Their metal tracks for the PzIv, T34, Kv1, PantherG, and late model Tiger I are all closed pin. My early model Tiger I has plastic tracks and they are also closed pin.

Their closed pin tracks are excellent. I don't understand why their Porsche King Tiger comes with open pin metal tracks. That tank is so heavy and the tracks are so wide and cleated that the open pin tracks have trouble dealing with the stress of turns when operated on anything but a smooth surface.

Return to “General Questions”