RC Tank Brands?

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
c.rainford73
Major

Re: RC Tank Brands?

Post by c.rainford73 »

foxtrotraptor wrote:
Son of a gun-ner wrote:
foxtrotraptor wrote:Darn bad news closer inspection I noticed no IR receiver was included, I thought It would be in the plastic bag along with the other clip on parts but its not there. :crazy: uggg I really think the Tank gods hexed me on this one too.......
Dam you're unlucky. Which just goes to show, no matter how good the trader they can't help it if something was wrong at the factory.

Although Dave checks the tanks before he sends them out.

Sorry you're not having a good time of it DD, you thought about taking up dress making. . . . runs and hides

Edit. The probable answer to your tank switching off is on page four, of this thread.
Thought I'd mention that in case you didn't read back.

Mick.
LOL yeah maybe dress making would be less stressful and my wife would appreciate it :haha:

As for the battery I was pretty sure the battery I used was fully charged but Ill fully charge a different one and try it out, hopefully its a easy fix. I also emailed Imex but their mail box is full :crazy: so I tried the Email for Erik, I hope that one goes through.
Hey there mr. Fox I just happened to notice your thread with the other issues with the other tank have you made any progress with the panther or have any update on the King TigerImage
Tanks alot.... :wave:
foxtrotraptor
Lance Corporal

Post by foxtrotraptor »

c.rainford73 wrote:
foxtrotraptor wrote:
Son of a gun-ner wrote: Dam you're unlucky. Which just goes to show, no matter how good the trader they can't help it if something was wrong at the factory.

Although Dave checks the tanks before he sends them out.

Sorry you're not having a good time of it DD, you thought about taking up dress making. . . . runs and hides

Edit. The probable answer to your tank switching off is on page four, of this thread.
Thought I'd mention that in case you didn't read back.

Mick.
LOL yeah maybe dress making would be less stressful and my wife would appreciate it :haha:

As for the battery I was pretty sure the battery I used was fully charged but Ill fully charge a different one and try it out, hopefully its a easy fix. I also emailed Imex but their mail box is full :crazy: so I tried the Email for Erik, I hope that one goes through.
Hey there mr. Fox I just happened to notice your thread with the other issues with the other tank have you made any progress with the panther or have any update on the King TigerImage
Hey rainford, well so far the latest is that the King tiger that I sent back to Imex for an exchange arrived this past Friday. Its Wednesday now and so far no email saying that a new one has been sent out or that they even got the tank, but the UPS tracking does say it was accepted at Imex so im waiting on that. As for the panther I emailed Imex about my problem but my email didn't go through because apparently their email box is full, So I sent a email to Erik imex account so maybe that one will work I included a video clip of the problem so I am also waiting on that. I decided to open her up today and could not find anything wrong except the speaker had come separated from the glue, which explains the thumping sound I heard. I super glued that back without a problem, But like I said visually I cannot find anything wrong, all wires appear to be fine and connected properly to the mother board. Nothing is loose or cut....so I really cant figure out this problem. I also tried 3 battery's with the same result. It only happens when I fire the cannon, other wise all movements and sounds are perfect and it runs great but this shut down thing is really frustrating, the whole point of me getting the IR version was for the cannon recoil and the flash, I cant enjoy that if it cycles down every time I fire one shot :crazy: ...so yeah kinda lost at the moment.My energy is drained... :problem:
Ideals are peaceful, history is violent.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Mr. Fox I feel bad that this is all turned out this way for you as you've entered the hobby I do think it'll turn out for the best. Very unusual to get two tanks like this back to back.

I wasn't aware that you picked up a panther until I saw this latest part of the thread. I just sold off a big part of my collection to make room for some new builds and some beautiful tanks I picked up from ( Michael C )on the Forum. I've just sold a few Tigers and a Panther.

If anything you can chalk this up to learning experience it would be good to find out what exactly was ailing both of your tanks so that you and others will know in the future if something like this happens

A few years back I had a taigen Panzer III everytime time I would fire the main gun the engine would cut off and shutdown so after driving myself crazy for a couple of days I switched everything over to Heng long Electronics and it worked perfectly..... So in theory I had a dodgy mainboard that was causing this thing to shut down.

Now that was a primarily customized tank so it wasn't brand new out of the box and your case you're going to have to resolve the King Tiger first but it sounds like you might have something going on with the Taigen board in the panther

Best of luck to you

Carl
foxtrotraptor
Lance Corporal

Post by foxtrotraptor »

c.rainford73 wrote:Mr. Fox I feel bad that this is all turned out this way for you as you've entered the hobby I do think it'll turn out for the best. Very unusual to get two tanks like this back to back. Image

I wasn't aware that you picked up a panther until I saw this latest part of the thread. I just sold off a big part of my collection to make room for some new builds and some beautiful tanks I picked up from ( Michael C )on the Forum. I've just sold a few Tigers and a Panther.

If anything you can chalk this up to learning experience it would be good to find out what exactly was ailing both of your tanks so that you and others will know in the future if something like this happensImage

A few years back I had a taigen Panzer III everytime time I would fire the main gun the engine would cut off and shutdown so after driving myself crazy for a couple of days I switched everything over to Heng long Electronics and it worked perfectly..... So in theory I had a dodgy mainboard that was causing this thing to shut down.

Now that was a primarily customized tank so it wasn't brand new out of the box and your case you're going to have to resolve the King Tiger first but it sounds like you might have something going on with the Taigen board in the pantherImage

Best of luck to youImage

Carl
That means I would need to get a new heng long board and a remote correct? I dont know im kinda scared to do the electronic stuff, im more mechanical type not electrical I never had much luck with that. Thats why im stumped with my problem now, and there arent any places here in California that I know of that would be able to figure it out, only thing popular here are RC cars and helicopters/Drones. :crazy:
foxtrotraptor
Lance Corporal

Post by foxtrotraptor »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Yes, I feel quite bad too, especially after singing praises for Eric and Imex etc going on what I'd heard about him.
I just hope it all gets sorted soon, otherwise I'll be sending you a case of sequins ;)

Mick.

Well I haven't given up on Eric yet but it has been rough going and with their trade show and mail IMEX mail box full it just feels like bad timing all together. I hope something good can come out of it if they get back to me :think:

Oh and what are sequins? :eh:
Last edited by foxtrotraptor on Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Oh no not necessarily. I just had a spare Heng Long setup sitting around and used it. In your case the panther is brand new? If so just return it to the vendor if possible.

It would even be a shorted wire or something like that.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:
foxtrotraptor wrote: Well I haven't given up on Eric yet but it has been rough going and with their trade show and mail IMEX mail box full it just feels like bad timing all together. I hope something good can come out of it if they get back to me :think:

Oh and what are sequins? :eh:
Yes, sadly bad timing.

Sequins, they're shiny little disks that catch the light, they are sewn on clothing, perfect for ballroom dancing dresses, so I'm told. . . . :haha:
Mick....
You're not considering a sequined tank are You......Image yes I agree it's all bad timing and luck for sure.
foxtrotraptor
Lance Corporal

Post by foxtrotraptor »

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :haha: ........
foxtrotraptor
Lance Corporal

Post by foxtrotraptor »

Erik from Imex got back to me but he said he wont be in until Monday. He said to call on Monday so he can help, and he said he cant confirm if the King Tiger arrived and said to call the office. That is all I got for now, so I guess just waiting until Monday, you would think a full 5 days would be enough to have a replacement sent out:crazy: :crazy: :wtf:
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good afternoon,
I just spent almost 6 weeks waiting for a single Schumo kit to come from a Vendor I have used before. ETO. I communicated via emails with the Owner, Robert and we talked about Eastern Bloc tank stuff while I waited. Even tho, this issue was a big inconvenience as it was the last bit needed to call a build complete, I didn't let impatience ruin all the time that had gone into building a good relationship with this vendor. Remember, bad vendors go by the wayside all the time but the good ones are worth it for all the times that the orders go right and you don't give them a second thought. ETO will be there the next time I need something hard to find from Schumo. Erik and IMEX will be there for you if you work with them a little. Five days is one business week. Throw in a huge Model Trade Show and yeah, I can see it taking time. Plus, any time you have an issue with a tank, you want the Dealers best guy on it and in this case, Erik is their _Best Guy_ Worth waiting a little for.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...

Return to “General Questions”