Heng Long Leopard 2A6 and IR recoil

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
leopardgreece
Corporal

Heng Long Leopard 2A6 and IR recoil

Post by leopardgreece »

Hello. I have a HL Leopard 2A6 airsoft 2.4GHz.The volume and smoker control are on the radio (2 buttons). I have a Taigen turret IR with barrel recoil and muzzle flash assy.Its complete with wires/plugs and modules (Tiger turret).Will these systems work with the main board and radio that the Leopard has already? I just want to be sure that i will have not to change the main board and the radio. Thank u.
Panos from Greece. ImageImageImagePanos from Greece.

???????? ??? ?? SM-P605 ??? ??????????????? Tapatalk
leopardgreece
Corporal

Re: Heng Long Leopard 2A6 and IR recoil

Post by leopardgreece »

Also i have one of this number 1 top hull connector

leopardgreece
Corporal

Post by leopardgreece »

wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

The transmitter is unlikely to work as far as I know, the HL and Taigen are both 2.4ghz, but they operate their own systems under different frequencies. It would be much better to get a matching transmitter and RX18. You will need to bind the RX18 to the transmitter.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Jay-Em
Corporal
Location: The Chilly and Flat part of the Netherlands' North.

Post by Jay-Em »

If You have bóth the Heng Long 2,4 ghz transmitter and the Heng Long 2,4 ghz RX18 receiver/controller module, the whole Taigen affair can be plugged in the Heng Long RX18 the same as it is plugged in the ori Taigen. I successfully switched a Taigen Jagdpanther to an older generation Heng Long 2,4ghz unit. (Hated the rattling, shrill sound that attempts to be an engine simulation, though, so I put an IBU2 in it...)

There is, however, òne tiny difference. Somewhere in the big flat plug that goes to the turret motor and stuff, there are 2 pins switched. I believe it’s pin 5 and pin 2 -not really sure. Cannot remember which ones exàctly- browse the technical part of the forum for a bit, and You’ll run into it.

Return to “General Questions”