T90 Advice required please.

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Pebs434
Lance Corporal

T90 Advice required please.

Post by Pebs434 »

I have just bought a T90 and I must say first of all that HL have upped their game. I am over the moon with the quality and detail.
However, because it is so good with an excellent paint scheme it is almost a shame to paint it.
Certain parts will require filling such as the two halves that make the fuel barrels etc so leaving it unpainted is not really an option.

Is there anybody out there who has already done a repaint job on this model and if so can you tell me what the 3 nearest colours would be to the original in Tamiya or Velajo paint?
Any assistance at all with this model would be much appreciated as I'm determined to give this the time and effort it deserves.
Thank you.
Pebs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wibblywobbly
Major

Re: T90 Advice required please.

Post by wibblywobbly »

I re-did mine in green, lol.

You could try the 1/35 scale sites, they usually come up trumps with colour matches. Just Google T90 Vallejo and see where it takes you. :thumbup:
Attachments
IMG_20161214_200125.jpg
IMG_20161222_175306.jpg
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Pebs434
Lance Corporal

Post by Pebs434 »

Thank you WW, much appreciated.

MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

For touch-up of parts coming off the spruce, I just used Tamiya Acrylic Desert Yellow, Olive Drab and Red-Brown. They are all roughly the same shade, and for small area you can paint it in the Tamiya colours (Desert Yellow and Olive Drab but not the red brown) and you can really tell the difference. I love the camo and it was actually a very good factory paint job.

MichaelC.
Pebs434
Lance Corporal

Post by Pebs434 »

Thank you Michael, much appreciated.

spudkopf
Recruit

Post by spudkopf »

I know this thread is quite old, however having to deal with the same issue, I have found the following paints to be suitable for touching up.

Green: Tamiya AS-6 - USAAF Olive Drab (spray) is a very close match for the factory applied olive green, with weathering is hard to tell the difference at all.

Black Brown ?: Humbrol RC415 - Pullman Umber Brown Matt (Paint Pot) is practically if not exactly a perfect match, with or without weathering is nigh impossible to pick a difference.

Sand: Well here I have struggled a bit to find a suitable match (not sure if I've tried the Tamiya Acrylic Desert Yellow suggested above and will need to take another look at that one), but I have had some moderate success using either Tamiya TS-68 - Wooden Deck Tan or Gunze/Mr Hobby 44 - Tan, I say moderate as they are kind of OK for minor edge touch ups, however a considerable amount of weathering is needed to hide the difference over any larger area. Both these paints are a little pale and lacking the yellow/brown tint of the factory paint.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Nice to hear from you after nearly 8 years! Though you have been a member for a long time, perhaps you would like to go to the Introduce Yourself section and do just that. Tell us a little abobut yourself, where you are, what tank you have etc. We are a friendly bunch but do respond a lot better when we know who we are talking to.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D

Return to “General Questions”