IBU2 Question

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Cruiser133
Private

IBU2 Question

Post by Cruiser133 »

I am hoping my cousins from across the pond and any fellow yanks here can help a brother out. I posted a thread in another board but it kind of lost steam. I have a IBU2 base board that was bad and replaced by the seller. The second board is all hooked up and everything works as intended except for two issues. I have hooked up two different Tamiya recoil motors and they both kept recoiling as soon as I plug them in. Anybody know a fix for this? The other is the left motor receptacle is not supplying power to the drive motor. I have switched plugs and both motors work with power, so I know it is not the motor or wires. Is there a fix for this or is it a bad board? Another member suggested I switch the 1 and 2 channels to the RX, but that did not fix the issue.

I really appreciate any suggestions, I am really frustrated at this point with this product...
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Re: IBU2 Question

Post by Tankbear »

Have you changed the recoil time settings on the microSD card?
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rctankelectronics.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
Cruiser133
Private

Post by Cruiser133 »

No I have not. Do you have any suggestions on what they should be set to?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

Try 500ms or less
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
Cruiser133
Private

Post by Cruiser133 »

I will try that. Any idea why I am getting no power from the left side motor plug? Thanks for your help!!!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Del
Corporal

Post by Del »

I had this problem,it's a simple fix.
The recoil unit motor is spinning faster with the ibu than when connected to a tamiya mfu.
If your recoil unit is a bit loose it bounces past the trigger switch and keeps running.you need a resistor on the positive wire to slow the motor a fraction.
theres a thread in the electronics section where you will find the info you need.

viewtopic.php?f=199&t=19677
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good evening,
I had this same issue on Mikes Tiger. The recoil just kept going after lightly tapping the switch that was supposed to turn it off. I fixed that by lengthening the switch arm with a tiny round of rubber hose. Now the carriage hit the arm solidly but did a double recoil before settling the carriage into place at full extension. A quick consult with Ian had me pulling the Sim card and setting the recoil time to 500 from its default(?) of 1500. Problem solved.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Cruiser133
Private

Post by Cruiser133 »

Thanks for the help guys, I checked the recoil switch on the Tamiya unit and it was indeed not being tripped as you folks described. I am in the process of placing washers on the rail to hopefully help hit the arm because quite frankly I have no idea how to place a resistor. I finally gave up on this standard board and put the pro board in and it works fine but it too has the same recoil issue, but at least both motors have power and everything turns on as it should. With the American distributor going out of business, who can I send this board to for repair or replacement? This is the second bad standard board I have received...
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

I'm now the US distributor so I take care of you. Drop me a PM and we can arrange a repair.

Ian
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
Cruiser133
Private

Post by Cruiser133 »

Tankbear wrote:I'm now the US distributor so I take care of you. Drop me a PM and we can arrange a repair.

Ian
OUTSTANDING!!! Thanks!

Return to “General Questions”