NEED HELP PLEASE!!!!

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
FLAMEDRON599
Recruit

NEED HELP PLEASE!!!!

Post by FLAMEDRON599 »

Recently my Tamiya Tiger 1 recoil unit motor burned out so i got myself a servo (90) and it did not fit into the slot so i cut and reattached the cable to old tamiya connector

PROBLEMS

the servo does not work so i ran a system check that did not work and now the muzzle flash does work nor the sound unit and the machine gun and now i cannot do a system check anymore please help this tiger is the pride of my collection
Del
Corporal

Re: NEED HELP PLEASE!!!!

Post by Del »

I'd say you've probably damaged the control unit by plugging a servo into the recoil port,the servo and the recoil unit both have 3 wires but they work differently.
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

I've never heard of anyone trying to plug a servo into tamiya electrics but as del says, I think you've buggered it! You'll need to replace the mfu if this is the case.
FLAMEDRON599
Recruit

Post by FLAMEDRON599 »

tomhugill wrote:I've never heard of anyone trying to plug a servo into tamiya electrics but as del says, I think you've buggered it! You'll need to replace the mfu if this is the case.
Yes i was an IDIOT! i fried the internals

I cannot get a replacement of the motherboard and I dont want to buy a new tank.

Do you know any motherboard that is compatible with the Tamiya motor cables and is servo friendly

If not, do you know any adapters for the cables to fit into the IBU board?
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

I've got replacement tamiya tiger internals, send me a pm if interested

Return to “General Questions”