Heng Long Chally II upgrade springs ?

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Heng Long Chally II upgrade springs ?

Post by MichaelC »

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can get some stronger springs for my HL Chally ? The rear end is sagging badly after the metal road wheels upgrade.

MichaelC.
tomhugill
Captain

Re: Heng Long Chally II upgrade springs ?

Post by tomhugill »

MichaelC wrote:Hi,

Does anyone know where I can get some stronger springs for my HL Chally ? The rear end is sagging badly after the metal road wheels upgrade.

MichaelC.
Have you tried clocking them? The panther stronger springs would probably fit too.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

I'm not sure about the Challenger, but the Heng Long Abrams has a provision for increasing spring pressure, simply by moving the anchor for the spring to the second provided hole. Have you removed a suspension arm yet? If it's like the M1 you'll find the spring anchored in one of two provided holes, and by changing to the other hole you'll increase spring tension. Whether or not it will provide what you're looking for I can't say, but it might be worth investigating. Hope that helps.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

Thanks guys. It appears that the last one which is giving me problem can be over-clocked so will give that a go.
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

Over clocked the last bogies on either side seems to have done the trick. No more sagging after pushing it down and comes right back up. Thanks !

Return to “General Questions”