• Advertisement
Welsh Dragon Models

are Impact gearboxes/transmission unit any good?

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).

Postby panzershreck » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:30 pm

I am considering changing the original tamiya KT gearbox to a impact steel gearbox but I haven't found any detailed reviews on this.

Do they have any noise issues or other quirks that need to be worked out?

panzershreck
Recruit

Postby tomhugill » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:30 pm

They're very noisy although this can be improved with running in. They're strong and tough but there are other aftermarket alternatives such as the ones from EOT armour (which are more powerful and tougher) that I would get for, unless you've found the impacts for a bargain price.

tomhugill
Lieutenant

Postby panzershreck » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:19 pm

tomhugill wrote:They're very noisy although this can be improved with running in. They're strong and tough but there are other aftermarket alternatives such as the ones from EOT armour (which are more powerful and tougher) that I would get for, unless you've found the impacts for a bargain price.

are the eto ones quieter?

panzershreck
Recruit

Postby tomhugill » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:23 pm

panzershreck wrote:
tomhugill wrote:They're very noisy although this can be improved with running in. They're strong and tough but there are other aftermarket alternatives such as the ones from EOT armour (which are more powerful and tougher) that I would get for, unless you've found the impacts for a bargain price.

are the eto ones quieter?

Much wuieter

tomhugill
Lieutenant

Postby panzershreck » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:08 am

eto armour page seems to be down at the moment?

panzershreck
Recruit

Return to General Questions