Heng Long PzIII H question

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Heng Long PzIII H question

Post by MichaelC »

Hi all,

Does anyone know what the heck this pole and square log is on the side of the Heng Long Pz III H ? It is not on the long barrel Pz III L version.
radioupravlyaemyj-tank-heng-long-tauch-panzer-iii-ausfh-3849-1-pro-s-dymom-i-zheleznymi-gusenicami.jpg
MichaelC.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Heng Long PzIII H question

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good afternoon,
The Tauchpanzer series was being set up to invade Britain by driving across the Channel. Equipment included the collapsible snorkel and track beam to help 'unstick' the tank.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

Thanks Painless. That explains why all the exhaust are covered on the engine deck.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Painless are you telling me that instead of paying a fortune on car ferries and the Channel Tunnel I could have just bolted an extension to the Exhaust pipe and driven over? ???
Now you tell me. :haha:
Oh and a very happy Christmas old friend. :thumbup: and of course to you Michael. :wave:
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

jarndice wrote:Painless are you telling me that instead of paying a fortune on car ferries and the Channel Tunnel I could have just bolted an extension to the Exhaust pipe and driven over? ???
Now you tell me. :haha:
Oh and a very happy Christmas old friend. :thumbup: and of course to you Michael. :wave:
Shaun.
Thats how all the migrants are getting in mate !!..............running on tax-free agricultural diesel and loaded with cigarettes to boot :haha: :haha:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Herman I hope you and the family are having a great Christmas,
I laughed at your reference to migrants,
Some years ago I was witness to the "Syrian display team",
Dawn on a spring day, a light mist, just stopping at a roundabout leading from a Motorway, On my right a 40 foot tilt trailer driving slowly around the reverse camber and as the back of the trailer passed me, as if by magic, heads appeared at the trailing edge of the curtain,
I counted 20 young men as they debussed and disappeared into a nearby industrial park.
I did not know whether to laugh or cry but I am one of those strange fellows who were I in a country where there was no future I would for the sake of my family do anything to improve my lot.
These people go through hell to come to Europe And who do I think I am to tell them to go back,
I am lucky I live here but you can bet good money that most of us living in the same mess that is Syria would do the same.
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good evening,
Just out of curiosity I looked up the shallowest part of the Channel crossing circa 1941. 26 meters deep north of the Dover crossing. Those guys in the tanks would have had to have been fanatics to the 'cause' indeed to drive across a submerged land bridge and hope to fight their way up the beaches on the other side. Whew, no thank you! Jarndice, Merry Christmas and the Happiest of New Years, sir, to you and yours. ;o)
regards,
Painless
Last edited by PainlessWolf on Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...Here for the Dawn...
Aussie
Corporal

Post by Aussie »

Paimless , the plan was to travel most of the way across in landing craft then debuss a kay or two offshore and wade in from there.
Don't get your panties in a bunch , we still got hand weapons and the fifty!
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good morning,
Aussie, that makes more sense ( in the way that assisted suicide seems more sensible than Russian roulette ) Still, crazy fanatics signing up for that drive.
regards and Happy New Years,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
beebopple
Recruit

Post by beebopple »

is there any way I can extend the barrel on mine? I don't really like the short cannon...it's personal preference

Return to “General Questions”