mystery item

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
jackalope
Lieutenant

Re: mystery item

Post by jackalope »

Aussie wrote:Don't worry , I love seeing the inside of your gun stores on T.V.
Imagine walking in , five minutes later , walking out owning an AR15.
Or a Deagle.

All depends on what version AR you want. If it's what's known as having an "H bar upper" (heavy barrel upper) then yup, walk in, plop down the cash and walk out just like buying a gallon of milk. But if you want a light weight one THEN you have to go through all sorts if background checks and BS.

My favorite we can MAIL ORDER a nice .44 cal black powder revolver!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I love the Broom handle Mausers.............back in the old country I was very close with a WW2 veteran that owned a vast gun collection, including both versions of the broomhandle, and all variants of the Luger including the 'Schnell-Feuer' with snail mags and stocks.
The 'Red 9' which is the 9mm version of the BH Mauser as identified by the large 9 carved into its pistol grip to easily identify it was the best shooter.
But to rip out a mag of Mauser ammo from the traditional BH was a special experience. Sure had to be careful with where you put your eye as these things are a very mechanical beast with a long action !

A mastercraft of firearms production, finish and function.
Beautiful weapons.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

doc larsson wrote:303 was what i used to get my marksmen badge at 300 yds 5 shots within a 2 pence piece nailed it ! loved sitting in the rifle butts changing targets, loved the whizz of rounds coming over my head ! moved later on to clay pidgeon shooting/skeets pretty good too ! got a 40 from 45 !
:thumbup: With shooting like that, you should be 'Doc Holliday'. not 'Doc Larsson' :haha: :haha:
Here I am last year my my lad's Walther P38. It was the standard sidearm issued to Panzer crews, and happens to be my favourite of the WW2 pistols in my boy's collection. It was much more accurate than the sawn-off PPK,
and infinitely easier to field strip than the Luger. With even the slightest shake in your hand, reattaching the Luger slider is a real nein nein! :O Then you would rather have been wearing Khaki pants than Field Grey! Ah, but then Panzer crews wore black :problem: ... By the way, Painless, that's a beautiful looking piece there..but apt to get you shot here if spotted in public. Probably in the States too..
Perfect Panzer personal protection pistol...
Perfect Panzer personal protection pistol...
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good morning, 43rdR&R,
Thank you, Sir. Airgunning is the third Hobby I have taken up, RC Tanks and Armor being primary then Black Powder Revolvers. I am amazed by the accuracy of the pieces being put out currently but do sit and wonder about the consequences if a child winds up playing with one. They are capable of 4-500fps and that is just the handguns, not to mention it is almost impossible to tell them apart from a gunpowder firearm without close inspection. I keep mine locked up just as I do the 'real' weapons.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Black powder revolvers are something I would have loved to got involved with, but the regulations here made that a no-no. I do have a black powder blank firing Remington army revolver, though. That's probably illegal now, so don't tell anyone. :( For safety, my air rifle and pistol are locked away in the firearms cabinet that used to have my shotguns in.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Always treat a firearm of any kind with the respect it's due and you'll never have any problems.

Guns make permanent mistakes so never allow it to be in a position to make a mistake.

Never point a gun at anything you don't want to kill, or anything you're not ready to kill.

Stuff my dad told me when I was like 7 or 8.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

As a member of the training staff told us in our first week in training, "If the weapon has a trigger guard, the correct place for your trigger finger is ALONG the guard NOT in it"
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

jarndice wrote:As a member of the training staff told us in our first week in training, "If the weapon has a trigger guard, the correct place for your trigger finger is ALONG the guard NOT in it"
Shaun.
First rule of Firearm use- of the golden ones- apart form always pointing the weapon in a safe direction, Shaun. If you're referring to seeing a wee bit of my finger, it has slipped slightly off the side of the frame, as I posed the piece for a snappette with my left hand. In fact, it was not touching the trigger. :O If you look closely, though, you'll see the safety is on...and hence the slight relaxation of the rules :shh: :shh: Normally, my son frames the pics and takes the stills/ movies...and I wouldn't attempt to handle both bits of kit simultaneously, for obvious safety concerns. This was just an attempt to get a view of the Walther's internals, whilst keeping it pointing in a safe direction. Between us, my son and I have all the holes and orifices required by mother nature, without wanting to add to the tally! :lolno: :lolno:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

silversurfer1947 wrote:Black powder revolvers are something I would have loved to got involved with, but the regulations here made that a no-no. I do have a black powder blank firing Remington army revolver, though. That's probably illegal now, so don't tell anyone. :( For safety, my air rifle and pistol are locked away in the firearms cabinet that used to have my shotguns in.
There are anomalies, here, Richard. I think it's legal to own an 'antique' firearm ( a 'Brown bess', for instance) without a firearms certificate, because it's assumed you would not be able to acquire the obsolete munitions needed to fire it. Even though you could probably make a lead ball to fit it. I think that this might even apply to the Lee-Metford rifle used in 'Zulu'. However, you do need a licence for the black powder propellant used with the Brown Bess. If you're a member of a club with blackpowder
facilities, you could use it there without a FAC...I think, without checking. The rules can be a tad vague, and the judiciary can interpret them in any way they please. But I agree, black powder looks fun. There's a club within reach of me (Strathpeffer), and I might well check it out :thumbup:
Last edited by 43rdRecceReg on Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Roy my darling boy!!
You are not going to believe me, but I really had not noticed where your finger was in the picture, (Try making that statement sound innocent in mixed company) :/
I was backing up Jacks wise words on firearm safety,
I try very hard to NOT make snide remarks most especially to those members of this Forum for whom I have a high regard, :thumbup: :thumbup:
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:

Return to “General Questions”