lSequence of assembly of the BB guns gear cam/ train?

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
alamein
Recruit

lSequence of assembly of the BB guns gear cam/ train?

Post by alamein »

I'm useless at remembering how I dismantled the gearbox on the main gun, so now I have no elevation/depression function!! :{

I guess there has been an illustration in the past, but I haven't discovered it yet? Old 76 yr old has memory problems? :/
greengiant
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: lSequence of assembly of the BB guns gear cam/ train?

Post by greengiant »

The elevation/ depression on a HL is handled by a separate gear box as you must know but its is powered by one wire that that attaches to airsoft or recoil mechanism on the main gun motor while the second wire to the elevation motor is not. I think if I remember correctly that the wire you need connected to the main gun motor will be black.
These wires are very fine and often come loose if not held in place by the small plate that screws into the side of the main gun motor.
Look for a wire end with no insulation on it on main gun motor that has is still there but has no wire running to it (will normally be I think on the side of the motor that has black wire soldered on). Take the wire that is loose that leaves the elevation motor and re solder it to the main gun motor. Then make sure you run the wire under that small cover plate or it will very quickly brake again as the gun elevates and depresses.
Hope this helps you. :thumbup:
alamein
Recruit

Post by alamein »

Thankyou GreenG.

That's really helpful information which I'll use when I next do a turret off jobbie. :thumbup:
greengiant
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by greengiant »

More than happy to help.
Hope you can fix your problem using the information I provided.
All the newer HL (starting when the first rx 18 Mfu) came out many years ago have the same turret wiring if they are bb units so any one you open up can be checked to see how they are wired.
Those with recoil and muzzle flash are also the same with the exception of an extra plug in the turret.

Return to “General Questions”