Henntec necessary, which one?

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
thestig
Lance Corporal

Henntec necessary, which one?

Post by thestig »

Good evening:

I received a Tamiya Panther G from my daughter this past Christmas (yes, she was raised right), and I have a question about Henntec tensioners.

I've read that the stock Tamiya tensioner is a weak link in this kit, and should be replaced. Would this hold true for a model running stock plastic tracks?

My other question is which one, or what is the difference between those offered by Henntec? Forgebear has 2 different ones listed (NR 032 and NR 015) and I was hoping someone could let me know what the difference is, and/or their opinions on either.

I want to have all of the necessary upgrades in hand before the build starts. I already have the ball bearings, and steel gearbox mounting plate.

Along with the tensioner I am also considering an upgraded elevation arm. This model probably won't be subjected to extremely hard use, but I would like to build it right the first time and avoid potential problems.

Thanks for your time. Your opinions and comments are appreciated.

thestig
(AKA Frank)
tomhugill
Captain

Re: Henntec necessary, which one?

Post by tomhugill »

Imo there's nothing wrong with the Tamiya tension system.
jtracks
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by jtracks »

I use this one, purchased from ETO Armor.

HT014 HennTec idler system for the HL Panther/Jagdpanther. System comes with all the hardware to attach the system and complete instructions. The HennTec idler system gives you a positive idler adjustment for each side individually.
Joe
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

jtracks wrote:I use this one, purchased from ETO Armor.

HT014 HennTec idler system for the HL Panther/Jagdpanther. System comes with all the hardware to attach the system and complete instructions. The HennTec idler system gives you a positive idler adjustment for each side individually.
So does the Tamiya :)
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

I don't have a Tamiya, but I did put a Hentec in my Taigen King Tiger and it's a good upgrade. Easy to install and performs well. I'd recommend a hentec for just about any tank that doesn't already have a good tension adjust system. I kinda wish it didn't cost so much, but I pretty much wish everything didn't cost so much. :/

Kudos to the offspring, I have to agree with the raised right bit. :clap:
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
maxmekker
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by maxmekker »

I got one for my Tamiya Leo , recomended

Drammen Rock City
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Kiaser wrote:I like many want to adjust the mongrels from the outside it is a simple choice :haha: :haha:

In a Leo pulling it apart to adjust no thank you batman :D
So much yes to this, almost brings me out in a cold sweat thinking about doing it in mine! I jest but I was a royal pita

Return to “General Questions”