BOG-LOGS......CAN I ON THIS ONE ?

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
jeman
Corporal

BOG-LOGS......CAN I ON THIS ONE ?

Post by jeman »

Hi guys, I want to add a couple of BOG-LOGS to this Tiger hanging from chains. Can anyone advise me that this Tiger with early wheels, would or could have had them ? Also with the grey colour. My Tigers arnt historically accurate by any means.....but I would like to kinda keep them as close to it as I can :D

Cheers
Mark
jarndice
Colonel

Re: BOG-LOGS......CAN I ON THIS ONE ?

Post by jarndice »

MARK hI, If you go to -
http://www.alanhamby.com
When you are on the Tiger information center sic, scroll down to the GALLERIES and look through the pictures,
Not many early Tiger 1s with logs but at least two pictures of them and of course our own HERMAN BIX did a build of a "WHITE TIGER" complete with LOG and his was a very well researched build,
Worth a look on HENG LONG BUILDS entitled "WHITE TIGER".
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

I always hesitated to put logs on German armor, but when the question came up here lots of guys posted photos of German tanks with a log strapped to the side, so I say go for it. :)
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
DavidByrden
Corporal

Post by DavidByrden »

Certainly some Tigers of your version did carry logs. But none of them were grey, I'm afraid.

David
jeman
Corporal

Post by jeman »

Thanks guys.....im gunna think about it on this one ! :D
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Hey Mark, I just found this photo and I just happen to be fitting an Asp in an IR Tiger One Late right now that has a very similar paint job and the zim so I'm going to not only model this tank, I'm going to try to recreate this photograph. I'll have to make a few changes to the paint scheme but that won't be difficult, and I even have the horses! The four crewmen may prove hard to find but I think it can be done, and my Cavalryman will be in a slightly different pose but he will have the riderless horse right there next to him.

And yes, I'll put the log on it. Of course, I just might keep a copy of the photo in my wallet, just in case any Smart Alex types should give me gip. :)

So I'm gonna need a little help. Does anyone know what colors the numbers should be? Red with white outline? And what about the two colors in the camo scheme? Dunkelgelb and schokoladenbraun, maybe?

Ha Ha! I typed "dunkelgelb" and the auto-spell wanted to change it to "Garfunkel"! I must have a musically oriented computer. :)

I don't know what to think about the fact that it wanted to change schokoladenbraun to schoolchildren. :wtf:
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
billpe
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by billpe »

That's a Tiger from the 505th Heavy tank battalion. The light areas are dunkelgelb, the dark is brown, the strip around the gun shield with the tactical numbers is bright yellow and the numbers are black. The charging knight is red and black or green and black.
DavidByrden
Corporal

Post by DavidByrden »

Billpe, where did you get those colours?
It doesn't look like that to me. The light areas look a lot lighter than other vehicles that are Dunkelgelb.
The dark areas seem to have 2 different shades. Why shouldn't they be the standard red and green colours?

David
doc larsson
Staff Sergeant

Post by doc larsson »

any tank would have a log/cut down telegraph pole. These would be added "in-field" by the crew. Easiest place to find them ? In the garden. I say this cos i seen someone selling the franken-bolt ends on e-bay for £1.99 and £4.95 p+p ! I got a paper hole punch from work and cut four out glued 2 together and stuck them on the end where they should be !

hope this helps
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Thanks, Bill and David, I had the unit from the page I got the photo and they have more info, I just need to find time to search. There's also a 311 tank that's very close and I even saw film footage of that one so maybe I'll be able to find some color (or should I say colour? :) ) photos. The info about the yellow stripe and black numbers is very helpful, and something I didn't know so thanks a bunch. I think it will make a cool project, I just wonder about being in this suburb and finding a clear sky background like what's in the photo, with some gas station or walmart in the background! :)

My LHS just happens to have another cavalry kit on the shelf so maybe I'll pick it up and see if I can do some surgery on the rider to get a closer pose. The guy I have now is pointing into the distance and that's a bit too different for me. I want to match the photo as closely as I possibly can. Thanks again for the help, and please don't stop helping! :)

Return to “General Questions”