Thinking of a Russian tank...

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Markocaster
Staff Sergeant

Thinking of a Russian tank...

Post by Markocaster »

So I have 3 tigers and need something to oppose them :)
I am thinking T34 it's a good looking tank !
I see my choices are the trumpeter wsn, controls look a little cheesy?
Heng long from mato w metal gears tracks etc. or the taigen / mato offering in metal
Cool but $$$ I am leaning towards Heng long there seem to be lots of bits available
For it. Maybe put a Clarke board in it?
I prefer modeling the plastic tanks, easier for me and I can weigh them down a bit if needed
What do you fellas think.
I don't battle as there isn't any activity here so it's mainly chasing cats and shooting paper targets.
Although one day I would love to have a go at a battle w my tamiya tiger 1.
I have all the stuff just no opposition :haha:
HL /Mato tiger 1 early, Tamiya Tiger 1 early, Taigen tiger 1 mid
Taigen T34/85, HL SU-100
Jagdpanzer Lang
Taiga Jagdpanther
Heng Long Sherman DGS Firefly kit
Tamiya King Tiger (unbuilt)
Mato all metal Panzer III
1/10 Jagdpanther
palepainter
Sergeant

Re: Thinking of a Russian tank...

Post by palepainter »

I really like my KV1. But am considering converting it to an ISU52 tank destroyer.

ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Go for it Mark...you could even consider a Sherman...there were several sold to the Soviets back then ;)

ALPHA
RobW
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by RobW »

T34 is a good one, as is the KV. Both also have resin conversion kits giving you more options (SU 85 & 100 or KV 2 & SU 152; plus the more kit than original JS 3).

You might find the KV 1 with IR (rctanks.de was selling them) or a cheaper one with the new 2.4GHz radio gear.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I too had a bit of a diversion & got a Soviet tank. To be honest the T34/85 I have from HL is very good.
All parts are crisp, the hull mates up really well and the textured finish and aftermarket options top it off.
Also, from a historic detail perspective, there is a lot more to the '85 version than meets the eye. Quite a voyage of discovery.
If I had a choice out of any Russian AFV it would be the 152 hands down, followed by the T34/76
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

I got a Tamiya KV at the start of January, yet to build it but looks very good. Simpler build like the Tiger but should be fun. And those diesel sounds!!
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

And "MEGA-STEAMs DIESEL" Aroma in the smoker oil finally gives you a properly smelling Tank, :haha: :haha:
shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Yup the KV is nice too...a lot of options for later...you can do a KV 2 or like everyone else is mentioning the I 52 or the model that Dragon is doing the KV 85
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=18554
Which is also a pretty nice tank as it incorporates visual aspects of the Js2 :D

Happy Hunting MARK :wave:

ALPHA
Last edited by ALPHA on Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

palepainter wrote:I really like my KV1. But am considering converting it to an ISU52 tank destroyer.

Hey Pale, that's an SU-152 in the picture, I don't think anyone does an isu conversion yet and only Tamiya and franks modelbau do the is-2 chassis it's based on. Would make an interesting scratch project though!
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

jarndice wrote:And "MEGA-STEAMs DIESEL" Aroma in the smoker oil finally gives you a properly smelling Tank, :haha: :haha:
shaun.
Greetings LEFTY :wave: ....Think I have a bottle of that ...does it really smell? Never used it...kind of skeptical...hate to put it in and find it has the aroma of some bad cologne :wtf:

ALPHA

Return to “General Questions”