Torro M16 Half track conversion

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Ribsey
Recruit

Re: Torro M16 Half track conversion

Post by Ribsey »

jackalope wrote:For those who say they never threw a track did you ever run it on grass or dirt? Every time I'd take mine out in my yard it'd lose a track, now it'd run great on sidewalk or blacktop or in my house but within minutes of hitting a trail the tracks would walk right off.

One more thing I found slightly annoying was the hard plastic mud flaps, try driving through a small hole, up or down a hill and they'd dig themselves into the ground and stop it dead in its tracks. I removed them and its off road ability went WAY up but the track throwing issue was still there.

I bought mine from a guy who sells them out of New Jersey, took a month to get the damn thing also! Does any place still sell them? I had heard they were discontinued.

I only ever run mine outside, on grass, concrete and decking - never had an issue with the tracks.
bfrank1982
Private

Post by bfrank1982 »

Max-U52 wrote:I have two and I've never had track issues. Range sucks. Steering is good on both if you have a light touch. They're both on the same frequency and can't be run side by side. I'm converting one of them into something, not sure yet, maybe an M3, if Rich will let me cheat. Rich Johnson has probably got the most halftrack conversion experience (I think Martin has done a few, too), and Commander Bob sells them and has had quite a few apart. I really like mine. If you don't mind, what are they asking for the one you want? I think I paid about $235 for my last one, but I'd have to check to be sure. Hope that helps.
Hey Max.
Do you have the contacts for the guys you mentioned? Don't know them by those names (-:

regards
tk1608
Recruit

Post by tk1608 »

Hi all

Does anyone know where I can get a new steering servo for this please ?

Hope someone can help, I’m really stuck :(

Many thanks

Phil
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Can you post a picture of it, maybe someone has one laying about?

If not i know a few ripped out stock electrics and put in decent stuff, i do know getting parts for these items is not possible unless someone has a truck they are breaking for spares.
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
Maccrage
Corporal

Post by Maccrage »

I have to finish unpacking, but I may have a spare, unless it was lost during the move.

Return to “General Questions”