Sound on a Heng Long 2.4ghz rx/tx

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Sound on a Heng Long 2.4ghz rx/tx

Post by AlwynTurner »

I have changed my Priest build over to 2.4mhz and bound the tx/rx, and everything seems to be working, EXCEPT the volume on the sound. I have turned the volume control to max but it is very quiet. The tx/rx are the earlier model without the volume on the tx. Does anyone have any suggestions as to why the volume isn't working properly, and could it be because the loudspeaker is a MATO speaker? The sound worked fine on the old RX18 until the board malfunctioned (or I blew it, not sure which). Alwyn :S :/
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Sound on a Heng Long 2.4ghz rx/tx

Post by MichaelC »

Alwyn,

One quick fix is to jump pin 1 and pin 3 together on the volume control board and that will give you the loudest possible sound off the MFU. The only down side is that you cannot adjust the volume if that's okay with you.
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Thanks Michael, I'll give that a try. Alwyn :thumbup: :wave:

Well I tried it but no difference. I'm going to test all the other functionality (gun slew/barrel raise/lower) and then try going back to the RX18 to see if I can make that work. I might also try a new loudspeaker to see if that makes a difference.

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Went back to the rx18 27mhz and everything is now working fine. I had problems with it originally but I think the crystal wasn't making proper contact in the receiver hence my problems. It doesn't answer why the sound wasn't working properly on the 2.4 ghz receiver though, it could be a faulty MFU as I was gifted it and never checked it out. I noticed that there are very few 2.4ghz MFUs for sale, if anyone has one or two spare after upgrading to IBU then please PM me with price/postage as I would like to upgrade my Tiger and Abrams to 2.4Ghz. My Tx is the early model without volume control. :thumbup: :wave: Alwyn

ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Hey there Alwyn.....Sad to hear about the problem with your 2.4 conversion....Three Gens HL has provided to date....and really ...though I might be a tad bias ...they are getting better and better
If the one you installed was the first gen....the manual volume was actually not all that good...at it's loudest setting it was still quite soft ....HL improved that with the 2nd and 3rd remote controlled units ....not sure what they did ...but the amplification is quite good I would go as far to say it's about 3 times louder than any of the earlier "manual" adjusted units
Now...with that said....you might want to contact a couple of members who have just finished working on their M1s.....as a couple of them have changed out the internals ;)

Good Luck with your quest :thumbup:

ALPHA

Return to “General Questions”