Recommended dealers.

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
jarndice
Colonel

Recommended dealers.

Post by jarndice »

I think it great when someone gets such good service from a dealer that they put foreward their approval on the site,
Could I ask you when you do so, that you include the website address or other contact details?
It is frustrating to go to the Recommended dealers site on the Forum with a view to purchase from them only to discover there is no address to contact the dealer. :thumbdown: shaun
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
ALPHA
Major-General

Re: Recommended dealers.

Post by ALPHA »

Is that a hint WO1c Shaun??????????????? :haha: For me it's only polite to ask a seller if they would want to be on a board before putting them on the Preferred list...if they say sure...then it's a go...if not..well...then it's not a go...all the seller's I've put on the Preferred list were either there already...or ones I got permission from ;)

The Blacklist is a different can of worms though ;)

ALPHA

PS..CONGRATS ON THE PROMOTION :haha:
Last edited by ALPHA on Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

What a fool I am , I merely thought that if you were pleased enough with the service you got from a dealer that you thought it merited mention in the recommended dealers list, that to show your appreciation you would include the dealers address so that more people would buy from them, And here I am being told by an American, a citizen of the nation that invented the hard sell, not to be so pushy :haha: :haha: :haha:
Colonel If I have overstepped the bounds of decency and good manners I am truly sorry But with such a small footprint on the ground that is commerce I doubt this forum is going to disturb the FTSE or the NASDAK.
I am talking about dealers, People who my Grandmother referred to sniffily as "Tradesmen" people who make a living in selling product not someone who has just saved you from drowning and wants no publicity!!! :/
Simon there are two more test matches yet to come and I refuse to rise to your invitation to make an even bigger fool of yours truly than I have already done, suffice to say England 2 Australia 1 !!! whatever happens one way or the other things will change for better or worse :shh:
I find myself possessed of an ability to upset friends from all around the world even when I don't mean to. :lolno: shaun
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

jarndice wrote:What a fool I am , I merely thought that if you were pleased enough with the service you got from a dealer that you thought it merited mention in the recommended dealers list, that to show your appreciation you would include the dealers address so that more people would buy from them, And here I am being told by an American, a citizen of the nation that invented the hard sell, not to be so pushy :haha: :haha: :haha:
Colonel If I have overstepped the bounds of decency and good manners I am truly sorry But with such a small footprint on the ground that is commerce I doubt this forum is going to disturb the FTSE or the NASDAK.
I am talking about dealers, People who my Grandmother referred to sniffily as "Tradesmen" people who make a living in selling product not someone who has just saved you from drowning and wants no publicity!!! :/
Ask yourself WO1c....if you were a seller....if you would want to face the slings and arrows that follow...to change the uncertainty of one's future by allowing one's self to be put on a list...on a board a rabid consumption Image some may ...some may not...as they ponder the possibilities...especially when a good review of the product...has caused great haste to the disappearance of product spoken of....which is how the play has progressed...Sometimes things Sell themselves...Sometimes they need a push....Answers to queries that have never been addressed before ....for those watching with wanting intent
I recently made such a purchase...patiently I waited...as early "first kid on the blockers" jumped at the opportunity to own that Item...Saw many get winners...saw an equal amount of losers ...with missing or improperly installed bits that inhibited the creation of the item intended
BALANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....Balance is the Key to any situation...you must weigh the Woes and the Yays ....in my case ....while weighing the scales...the Seller has had a Flurry ...and is already at his limits in the sale of that product...Thus has not replied to my inquiry about being put on a List
TRUST and RESPECT!!!!!!!!!!!....Both given to me with his personal guarantee...and prompt delivery....Returned with prompt payment and a little jocularity
INITIATIVE!!!!!!!!!!!! ...I never spoke word of seller's ID....as uncertainty of Global service loomed a dark cloud over any future transaction...YET!...Those with "initiative"...FOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!...the treasure...and are probably in glee as we speak
COMPETITORS!!!!!!!!!!!...The burden of competition is always present in any marketplace...big or small....Competitors will try to sully a good name...with Negative Feedbacks of Childlike nature
YEH!!!!!!!!!!! I have seen such deeds of ill refute ...and probably many haves seen same as well
NEI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do not wish that upon such a good person....it is a monkey to which I do not wish to carry
CONSEQUENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A story versed lead in ..to consequence of such recommendations ....I once put a Good Seller on the List...to my dismay.......his service started to flail ...from one week delivery to two months wrong item...corrected promptly ...but not without Consequential added pomp and piddlery ...Caused many regrets....for both he and I....Trust has been broken to a certain degree
BOTTOM LINE....So you see WO1c ....Thought must be given before making any decision...Finding the Balance...to retain Trust and Respect...to help ward off Competition who may Yeh or Nei...the Consequences to be weighed ...For those who take the Initiative...I feel my seller's fortune will be made

IN OTHER WORDS....The guy had done great since I posted my purchase without mention of his name...He is actually almost sold out of said Item...so has already benefited brisk sales as well as profit ...so if he really needs the promotion...I'm sure he'll let me know :D

Carpe Diem WO1c...Image

ALPHA
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Colonel, As I read your words I began to feel a vibration as of a large generator starting, For a moment I was confused and then it came to me, It was the massed mortal remains of my lecturers, both permanent staff and invited, spinning in their respective places of rest with an energy that would illuminate a large city.
Never before in the field of human conflict has anyone so corrupted a lesson plan within the hallowed walls of the RMA, :O
I thought that the nice midland gentleman's words had been misused to their limit already but no, a bl**dy colonist has the affront to throw them back at me. :lolno:
How dare you go against all that your Country stands for,
"Commerce and the pursuit of the Greenback at all costs."
This trick will not work, we know your game, softening us up then pouncing on us with a cheap attempt to absorb the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland into the United States! @)
Well sir because an element of our society has expressed a desire to leave the European Union you still cannot have our gracious Queen, and anyway looking at some of the television programmes you sell to us you seem to have your fair share of them already :haha: :haha:
shaun (WO1)
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

jarndice wrote:Colonel, As I read your words I began to feel a vibration as of a large generator starting, For a moment I was confused and then it came to me, It was the massed mortal remains of my lecturers, both permanent staff and invited, spinning in their respective places of rest with an energy that would illuminate a large city.
Never before in the field of human conflict has anyone so corrupted a lesson plan within the hallowed walls of the RMA, :O
I thought that the nice midland gentleman's words had been misused to their limit already but no, a bl**dy colonist has the affront to throw them back at me. :lolno:
How dare you go against all that your Country stands for,
"Commerce and the pursuit of the Greenback at all costs."
This trick will not work, we know your game, softening us up then pouncing on us with a cheap attempt to absorb the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland into the United States! @)
Well sir because an element of our society has expressed a desire to leave the European Union you still cannot have our gracious Queen, and anyway looking at some of the television programmes you sell to us you seem to have your fair share of them already :haha: :haha:
shaun (WO1)
ImageImageImageSuch Jocularity WO1c...Simplification needed maybe...Sometimes Low Profiles Sellers like to keep...no need for Potpourri or any kind of Hail Marie"s ...They will still survive without such celebratory words from me ...what gains are to be made if he sells not over seas?....as it does seem Continental lurkers and readers have already not only caught the breeze ...are sailing along...grinning happily Image
NEH...no rules have been broken by me....I'm just practicing the art of an officer's PREROGATIVE and a gentleman's CHIVALRYImage

CARPE DIEM WO1cImage

ALPHA
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Oh good lord enough political correct crap! I post up all the time when some place is great to me and I certainly won't apologize for it. Too silly.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

jackalope wrote:Oh good lord enough political correct crap! I post up all the time when some place is great to me and I certainly won't apologize for it. Too silly.
:haha: :haha: Just to sum up...American Bastard to American Bastard :haha: We all act upon our own judgement..values ...and emotions :D

Carpe Diem WO2c :clap:

ALPHA
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Jack I don't think that is what the Colonel has an issue with, It was when I asked if members of the Forum would include the address of the recommended dealer.
I seems to me that if you like the way you were treated by a dealer enough to write in to say so, that you wish other members to use their services which means including their website or other contact details.
I admit to being surprised at getting a negative response but we all have a right to express our views. :haha: shaun
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

jarndice wrote:Jack I don't think that is what the Colonel has an issue with, It was when I asked if members of the Forum would include the address of the recommended dealer.
I seems to me that if you like the way you were treated by a dealer enough to write in to say so, that you wish other members to use their services which means including their website or other contact details.
I admit to being surprised at getting a negative response but we all have a right to express our views. :haha: shaun
I think I am misunderstood WO1c....mine was not negative in response...mine was more of neutrality ...Detente perhaps... as I took considerations of the seller as well as the buyer into the process of thought...Jack is in the States...Smart guy that Jack... research and purchase would be easy for him...but for an overseas buyer...research yes...but purchase might lead to disappointment upon finding...overseas is not possible....Inquiry was made for this purpose
Now if I had not proceeded in the way I did...and just posted his ID....wouldn't you think that's a bit Irresponsible? :/ .... ;)

CARPE DIEM WO1c :D

ALPHA

Return to “General Questions”