Henglong recoil unit thread?

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Henglong recoil unit thread?

Post by Jofaur86 »

:'( M 8? then tell you about the diameter of the barrel or adaptation sleeve,? a little misunderstanding
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

can this help? understanding the concern?
tankme

Post by tankme »

Jofaur86, not sure that manual helps as it is for the all metal recoil unit DKLM RC sells and not the all metal HL unit he has pictured here. I have that metal unit that he pictured in my HL ZTZ-99 and I don't remember it being threaded at all, but if it was I didn't use them. I know I drilled a hole in the barrel where I needed it and threaded it to accept an M3 screw which I used to hold the barrel in.

This is the recoil unit installed in my Type 98 (HL ZTZ-99):

Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

:) I don't mind !!! but are they alike? I was thinking of a 3mm screw, to actually hold the barrel? but he talks about 8 mm ?? it is not very clear :'(
tankme

Post by tankme »

The bore of the recoil mechanism might be 8mm where the barrel inserts. I would take mine apart to see, but it's really not an easy process to get it apart they way I have it installed. I believe there is a 1mm and a 1.25mm pitch M8 screw. The 1.25mm would be a coarse pitch and the 1mm would be a fine pitch.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
DzNile4L
Private

Post by DzNile4L »

Thanks fir all the imput guys, next weekend i’ll have more to show when the 105mm is mounted to it

Return to “General Questions”