Panzer IV Ausf F2 barrel

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
SimonCornes
Lance Corporal

Panzer IV Ausf F2 barrel

Post by SimonCornes »

I have got hold of a Taigen barrel with a twin baffle muzzle brake. The problem is that I'm not sure how to remove the existing HL barrel. The standard fit is BB firing but the Taigen barrel is to small but thats not a problem. Any advice gratefully accepted!!
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Panzer IV Ausf F2 barrel

Post by Jofaur86 »

:D
Hello,
I think ditto Panzer III? you have to remove the turret (remove the rotation ring) then remove the 6/8 screws under the turret base plate, and then you must have 2 screws to hold the ball firing system, on each side behind the mantlet, once this has been removed (beware of the big return spring, of the elevation, and normally there are 2 other screws on the back of the mantlet, and everything must come out. hoping to have met your expectations
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

this is for a PZ III, but must be the same for an IV? and may be easier to understand :'(
https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tan ... r-3-a.html
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

:'( No return ? my solution would not be the right one? sorry, thought of helping !!!!
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

In my experience, it helps to take quick photos each step of the way as one disassembles a particular tank for the firs time. Jofaur accurately describes the steps for removing the BB cannon barrel on most HengLong and Taigen tanks:

1) remove the turret rotation ring
2 ) remove the 6/8 screws under the turret base plate
3) remove have 2 screws to hold the ball firing system, one on each side behind the mantlet,
beware of the big return spring
4) normally there are 2 other screws on the back of the mantlet
and everything must come out.

I did this first with a Taigen KV2 and have done it since with a few other Taigen and HengLong tanks. In each case, the procedure was largely the same. Oh, yes, that big return spring pushes the breech end of the barrel and BB (or IR) mechanism down. It can launch itself (BOIIING!) but I have always managed to get it back in place, no harm done and much laughter.
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

Jofaur86 wrote::'( No return ? my solution would not be the right one? sorry, thought of helping !!!!
>:< ask a question ? following a problem, normal it is a forum of mutual aid, on the other hand never to have back, when a member takes the time to answer, I find that not very nice, but only commits me
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Jofaur86 wrote:
Jofaur86 wrote::'( No return ? my solution would not be the right one? sorry, thought of helping !!!!
>:< ask a question ? following a problem, normal it is a forum of mutual aid, on the other hand never to have back, when a member takes the time to answer, I find that not very nice, but only commits me
Your contributions are always welcome, and valuable, Jofaur-.... :thumbup: so don't worry about the slow response.
He may be busy elsewhere. :)... doing other things.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “General Questions”