Tamiya paint

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Jarlath
Corporal

Re: Tamiya paint

Post by Jarlath »

jarndice wrote:More than once I have had to use a pipe wrench to undo an old Tamiya Paint Pot.BUT the Paint was in perfect condition :thumbup:
The secret to easy opening? Run the hot water tap and "soak" the lid.
The water seepage and heat softens up the paint caked in the threads of the lid and allows for hand removal without completely killing the lid with teeth/tool marks :)
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Jarlath wrote:
jarndice wrote:More than once I have had to use a pipe wrench to undo an old Tamiya Paint Pot.BUT the Paint was in perfect condition :thumbup:
The secret to easy opening? Run the hot water tap and "soak" the lid.
The water seepage and heat softens up the paint caked in the threads of the lid and allows for hand removal without completely killing the lid with teeth/tool marks :)
I do hope this excellent tip is moved to "Tips & Tricks" :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

If I happen to spill any paint over the thread of the pot I wipe it immediately on my tee shirt before putting the lid on.
Such is the reason I have “tanking clothes” that like fishing gear, get worn until they can walk to the washing machine !!!
Then I have another set that dies the same.
That way any glue, paint or what have you gets cleaned up straight away.
Not suitable to go out in public in however :{ :/
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

HERMAN BIX wrote:If I happen to spill any paint over the thread of the pot I wipe it immediately on my tee shirt before putting the lid on.
Such is the reason I have “tanking clothes” that like fishing gear, get worn until they can walk to the washing machine !!!
Then I have another set that dies the same.
That way any glue, paint or what have you gets cleaned up straight away.
Not suitable to go out in public in however :{ :/
:haha: :haha: :haha:

i always use tamiya paints too, the advide of store the jars upside down works for me tto, i've some jars since 2011...

I use another trick, i put one or two steel balls in every jar, so wen you shake the pot it aids to mix the paint eith the medium

best regards
Jussek

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Club-RC-Reus-Secci%C3%B3-de-Modelisme-Militar-Radiocontrolat-PzGr-Tarraco/639220812799552

Return to “General Questions”