Help needed Torro Panzer iv

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Coling212133
Recruit

Help needed Torro Panzer iv

Post by Coling212133 »

Hi I have just started this hobby in my later years. I have just had a Torro metal version Panzer IV delivered and cant open the tank to put the battery in and even start it.
I am aware of the latch at the rear that you have to slide and lift the upper part up.
It won’t move at all, I cannot even see the split in between the lower and upper sections apart from a small bit at the front.
Is there an alternative to get into the tank when the lifting latch won’t work ?
Any help and advice in this matter would be appreciated thank you.
Colin
john1970
Corporal

Re: Help needed Torro Panzer iv

Post by john1970 »

Underneath the back of the tank there is a pin that slides across which releases the upper hull from the tank.
Circled in red
Coling212133
Recruit

Post by Coling212133 »

John thank you for a prompt reply and posting the photo.
The latch moves but it is solid and won’t budge.

Colin
john1970
Corporal

Post by john1970 »

when you push the latch does it spring back? if so it could be that when the tank was painted the paint has dried and stuck the lower hull to the upper hull needing a bit of force to separate the 2
if it doesnt spring back then the latch could be broken and you would need to contact your vender
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I agree with Mr 1970 in that there may be a simple fault with the mechanism, or, you may need to apply a bit of force to the upper hull to relieve a bit of resistance between the various bits (being new and all) to allow the catch to release at the same time you slide the catch.
I have found this assembly to be a bit tough to work with when new for no apparent reason.

Thanks for pitching into the hobby with a great Tank & we are happy to try to assist where possible.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Coling212133
Recruit

Post by Coling212133 »

Thank you for your helpful suggestions appreciated.
As regards Jarndice comments what a sad individual to make such comments. I see no reason why I am required to give a life history before asking a question and seeking people’s advice I thought that the idea of a forum was just that for all levels of beginners and experts.
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Coling212133 wrote:Thank you for your helpful suggestions appreciated.
As regards Jarndice comments what a sad individual to make such comments. I see no reason why I am required to give a life history before asking a question and seeking people’s advice I thought that the idea of a forum was just that for all levels of beginners and experts.
One of the few rules in this forum is to introduce yourself. We all did it.

If you dont have time or will to do it, I don't see why should we have time or will to help.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Coling212133
Recruit

Post by Coling212133 »

Problem solved a big thank you to John1970 and Herman advice was solid.
It was the paint and newness of the tank that was preventing it opening by hand. I jammed the latch and used a steel ruler to prise it at the rear. All up and working.
When I joined the forum I was not informed that it was mandatory to make a formal introduction, maybe it should be to prevent people crying into their cornflakes first thing in the morning.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Great news, now its up & running, lets see some pictures of what you do with it when you can ;)
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

When you joined, you should have received an introductory PM (private message) which amongst other things, points you in the direction of the Introduce Yourself thread. If you did not receive it, then it is so etching that we need to look into. Perhaps you could check your messages and let one of the moderators know.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D

Return to “General Questions”