Details for M1A2

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Meter rat
Staff Sergeant

Details for M1A2

Post by Meter rat »

I hope I am putting this in the correct place? I have just taken delivery of a HengLong Abrams M1A2. Didn't mean too, as I wanted a Challenger! Buy now and beer are not good bed companions. I have assembled it to day, but some bits I am not happy with. Could you kind folks, point me in the right direction of, replacement machine guns, as the ones provided are quite poor, any details/ideas on how to replicate the glass in the sites, and which colour to represent the desert colour? Preferably Tamiaya as our local model stocks it. I will probably file off the plastic handles and replace with wire. New to this size of modelling so some recommendations would be helpful. I might be able to produce something that looks half way decent, but it will never be in the league of you people.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: Details for M1A2

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Yep !

viewtopic.php?f=201&t=18880

A perfect blueprint to follow ;)
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Herman is correct in that is a perfect blueprint to follow. However, please do not get disheartened when you look at the detail which Barry achieves. As you will realise, he is no novice but a master modeller, plus he has the assistance of little green aliens who can achieve what is impossible for any human! Seriously though, you will learn a lot from reading that thread.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Meter rat
Staff Sergeant

Post by Meter rat »

That's going to provide me with a little bed time reading.
Jarlath
Corporal

Post by Jarlath »

Meter rat wrote:That's going to provide me with a little bed time reading.
Yup a 4+ year build that keeps going and going and going... Because BarryC has an obsession with making it perfect! (He has the skills and patience too!)
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Gents,

I do not want to usurp Meter Rats post but you honor me with your thoughts that I am a Master Modeler. I have worked my life as a modeler hoping one day that my work might be considered worthy of commendation by my peers. Make no mistake I see many here as my peers and the level of talent here drives my desire to obtain the unobtainable, that being perfection though I do strive for that lofty goal.

Thank you,
Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
Meter rat
Staff Sergeant

Post by Meter rat »

Mr C, you Sir are being too modest. I am currently reading your thread. On page 22 now. I am in awe of your skills and patients.

Return to “General Questions”