HLong or Taigen ?

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Rhat33
Recruit

HLong or Taigen ?

Post by Rhat33 »

Hi, I have an old Tiger 1, which is currently in a state of repair (I'll not lie, I am a complete novice so have been trawling the net for info - some results are good, others not - not quite sure if smoke is supposed to come out of the body of the tank or just the 'smoke pipes' ! )

So the question is, do I fix using HLong items or see if its possible to move over to Taigen kit (there seems to be more Taigen parts available). I don't want to bin the Tiger, as we have been through a lot together, trying to fix all the problems.

Looks like stock from China (where most of seems to originate from) is slow if not stopped coming over, due to obvious reasons, so that could be my deciding factor. Everywhere, stock is disappearing pretty rapidly

Thanks for any suggestions

Rich
jarndice
Colonel

Re: HLong or Taigen ?

Post by jarndice »

The great thing about Heng Long and Taigen/Torro is that the earlier (HL Pre-Version 6.0/Taigen Pre-version V3) versions parts are pretty much interchangeable.
The best reason for most people getting a Tiger 1 as their first Tank is that there are more spares and upgrades for it than any other.If a particular part is needed you may be sure that it is available if you look hard enough.
If in doubt ask us, someone will know what will fit and what will not,
Dave @ www.forgebeartanks.com will have access to just about every piece of hardware you could possibly need.
If you cannot see what you need on his site then ask him, He is most helpful as well as being a valued member of this Forum.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Rhat33
Recruit

Re: HLong or Taigen ?

Post by Rhat33 »

Cheers Jarndice,
Thanks for the heads up. I've trawled through pretty much everywhere, sometime going really off the beaten track looking for a part then nearly ending up buying a bike ! :-)
I'll speak to forgebeartanks and see what I can get from them. Thanks again

Return to “General Questions”