Aluminium framed gearboxes

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Aluminium framed gearboxes

Post by ronnie42 »

Been looking for one, it's a simple design u shaped frame. Motors at right-angle to sprockets. Any ideas don't know who made them, had a look at a few online shops, no luck so far.
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Aluminium framed gearboxes

Post by jarndice »

There are a few different designs available,
One dealer is also a maker of these gearboxes,------
www.etoarmor.com/?post_type=product&paged=15
The dealer is an American based in the Ukraine but everything he sells comes from the USA and if you live outside the USA the postage is crippling
All the gearboxes are priced at $265 PLUS Postage and covers most of Tamiyas 1/16 Tank range.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
ruben2005
Sergeant

Post by ruben2005 »

:wave: hi try this man got one in my tamiya king tiger works great http://www.modellspiegel.com :thumbup: :thumbup:
fetch me the kitty's lets go to war
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

Hi ruben Thats the type of gearbox i am looking for. Put metal tracks on my KT build and noticed one Sprocket spindle had a slight wobble, brass bearing on the way out. Runs OK with the plastic tracks. Better start saving up now. :O

Return to “General Questions”