1/8 military figures

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
abrad
Recruit

1/8 military figures

Post by abrad »

Hi I am about to receive a Heng Long 1/8 scale all metal tiger 1, so I am searching for a figure to go in the top cupola hatch. I am find plenty of all different scales but not 1/8 scale, unless you know different. I am quite happy to pay the going rate for quality, I have seen some fantastic figures but in 1/6 scale. I only need the waist up part of the figure but I am prepared to do the surgery to a full figure.
sassgrunt
Sergeant

Re: 1/8 military figures

Post by sassgrunt »

I ran into this problem with a Heller 1/8 Citroen 15 car. I think it will make a good replica of a German staff car, but have had trouble finding figures as well. The re-release of the old 1/9 ESCI Kettenkrad comes with a vinyl figure, which is close in scale. I understand that figures in this scale are approximately 9" tall, and so far the only one I've found is a Star Trek Generations figure of Jean-Luc Picard, (like this one): https://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-TREK-GENE ... SwMjpcGE1j It looks a lot like Colonel Klink, so I figure by changing the uniform and adding a monocle, I'll have a good General-type passenger for the car.
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

If you can find a stl file for a figure you like it can be printed at any scale you want

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

Have a look on AliExpress for “1/8 bust German”
I found these pretty quick I’m sure there will be others
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
abrad
Recruit

Post by abrad »

Thanks for your replies, all helpful, I will just carry on looking and asking. If I do find something I will report back here.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

sassgrunt wrote:I ran into this problem with a Heller 1/8 Citroen 15 car. I think it will make a good replica of a German staff car, but have had trouble finding figures as well. The re-release of the old 1/9 ESCI Kettenkrad comes with a vinyl figure, which is close in scale. I understand that figures in this scale are approximately 9" tall, and so far the only one I've found is a Star Trek Generations figure of Jean-Luc Picard, (like this one): https://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-TREK-GENE ... SwMjpcGE1j It looks a lot like Colonel Klink, so I figure by changing the uniform and adding a monocle, I'll have a good General-type passenger for the car.
Oh God !!..........and you thought of the connection from Star Trek to a German staff car via hogans hero's !! :O
That Sir, is evidence of an active and abstract mind !!! :thumbup:
On that, how is the erstwhile General ?? :shh: :shifty:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
sassgrunt
Sergeant

Post by sassgrunt »

Speaking of abstract minds....yes, the General is doing fine. We're collaborating on a G&P build, (which means, I'm making the tank and he's making the tank commander for it). I'll make a thread and post it, whenever we get to that point. And, will send him your regards.

Return to “General Questions”