Firefly 1C Hybrid electrics

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
88-bait
Private

Post by 88-bait »

Having moved house and renovated it, Its been some time since I logged in or had time to continue my Firefly 1C Hybrid, but at last, i'm back. Basiclly its the Mato M4A1 hull with HL M4A3 upper hull and turret with the M4A1 engine deck cut from the Mato model. All other parts are metal add on's from Forgebear inc barrel etc. As stated before, I will cut & shut all day long, but the electrics beat me every time! :think: I have recently had the electrics upgraded to the current standard HL system, but the BB gun has stopped working. Ineed to know, 1/ what do I check to determine whats wrong, and 2/ how much work is it to convert it to the recoil system? All answers in basic English as I get confused very easily! :D
DSCF0050.JPG
DSCF0045.JPG
c.rainford73
Major

Re: Firefly 1C Hybrid electrics

Post by c.rainford73 »

What a beautiful tank
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Jay-Em
Corporal
Location: The Chilly and Flat part of the Netherlands' North.

Post by Jay-Em »

Hmmm..

Seems like You forgot to connect the cable that comes from the little switch at the back of the gun unit to “CN3 M.G.Fire” on the RX. Older tanks need that.

The gen4 controllers have some wiring shenanigans going-on to get separate gun raising and lowering. To make that function, they switched-around many wires and connectors, and made a completely new mini-board for the turret (the connector board where the thick multi-coloured cable comes from)

Just check the tiny switch at the back of the breech, and connect the wire that comes from there directly to pin 4 and 5 of port cn3. That will generate the “bang” sound.

Buuut.. that’s just the start. You also need the new connector with the 4 + 1 setup for the turret, and then find-out which connector/wire goes where. A rather infuriating task. It is do-able, but quite maddening. I gave-up and kept at my IBU’s as an upgrade for older tanks.

Getting the “old” tanks working with the new 4th gen (dual sound) RX, and the “newly wired” tanks with older IBU’s or Clark controllers is no mean feat. I stìll haven’t fully managed that. But, then again, I prefer IBU and Clark over the RX18 and rather take-out all those infernally finicky new boards and wires and stuff, put back the older connector boards, and go from there.

A bit of searching on this site, will get You enough information to start converting the “right way” But be forewarned. There’s no “simple solution” no escaping tracing ALL wiring. Fun... >:<
88-bait
Private

Post by 88-bait »

Thank you Jay-em; I will endeavour to sort out the things you have identified. It has just got back from a guy who did the work for me and the BB was working, but It didn't have the main gun sound. This is what bugs me the most.

What was fitted is the standard HL dual sound version shoe horned into a Mato shell, so there are a lot of new parts in it with a few small conversions inc the hull gun moved to the mantlet and a HL smoke unit. I guess, if i can get the BB and the main gun sound working, I will be happy with that. ;)

I hate electrics! :D Thanks again mate :thumbup:
Vorikithetanker
Recruit

Post by Vorikithetanker »

Beautify done but one question What kind of hull is that? And do you know whare to get them in 1/6 scale?
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

I found this in 1/6.....
https://www.jadlamracingmodels.com/drag ... 61780ae947
Oh & welcome to the forum VorikiImage
Enjoy
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “General Questions”