Swapping over

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Leadfoot
Recruit

Swapping over

Post by Leadfoot »

Hi all can someone tell me that iv got a Mato tiger 1 with the B.B. and no recoil
But I won’t the recoil with flash unit. If I buy a Taigen plastic turret with flash and recoil in how easy would it be to swop it over and the electrics to my Mato tiger thanks for any help leadfoot
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Swapping over

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Hi,
Here's the wiring diagram for HL/Taigen IR /Recoil version of the Taigen turret..for you to compare with the Mato wiring. Bear in mind that Taigen have revised their electronics recently to V2. It's a much improved system allowing hobby grade Transmitters to be used for the first time, and offering much better sound effects.
Heng Long Taigen IR wiring diagram
Heng Long Taigen IR wiring diagram
Here's Erik from Taigen tanks extolling the virtues of the new V2 electronics setup:
phpBB [video]

Do check out his other videos on Youtube for supporting info. :thumbup:
I have the turret with airsoft barrel recoil, and BB. If it flashed too, that would be about perfect, but it doesn't. That said, it's a massive improvement on BB with no recoil.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Another option would be to ditch the Mato upper hull and turret and go for the complete Taigen unit http://www.taigentanks.com/taigen-parts ... /tag120062. That way, most of the wiring will already be in place...but you'll still have to connect it to Mato's MFU (Multi Function Unit controller)
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Leadfoot
Recruit

Post by Leadfoot »

Thanks guys looking into it

Return to “General Questions”