FRAG Dragon Teeth & Mine Field Flags

Panzerpaul
Private

FRAG Dragon Teeth & Mine Field Flags

Post by Panzerpaul »

In many areas of FRAG’s battlefield, we have positioned Dragon’s Teeth to block a tank’s advance or to force enemy penetration in a certain direction. This tactic enhances the IR battle and creates certain unpredictability in the game. These Dragon Teeth come in two sizes…….both of which can be made by pouring 2 part resin or Portland Cement into a mold.

The first pictures show the masters mounted on a base board, which will then have styrene walls glued around the edges, so RTV rubber mold material can be poured in and cured. The masters can be made from plaster cast into a wood form, which is how original ones were made. This results in joints and wood grain being revealed in the masters.

The RTV rubber molds look like this. Curing takes 24 hours.

Concrete cast replicas look like this. We add nails to the bottom of each casting, so they will anchor into the ground and be immovable when struck by a model tank. A dime is shown in the pictures for persective.

We also use Mine Field Flags for a similar purpose, which are set around the battlefield by the defending team for each game. The metal rods are about 6” long and the flag is about 1.5” on each side. Should any tank run over one of these flags, and this is seen by an opposing tanker (and declared immediately), then the violator is out of the game. If such act is not seen then the violator may continue to play.

"Attack...Attack...Attack !! Always the best defense"
OdysseySlipways
Recruit

Re: FRAG Dragon Teeth & Mine Field Flags

Post by OdysseySlipways »

i love those teeth!

did you come up with your own scale measurements or did you find spec's somewhere?

did you plan on having those lines in the parts or is it that's they way they came out and you weren't to concerned about seeing them close up?

just asking as these would be great to use in the battlefield (1:6 scale)

i'd be willing to make them out of concrete with a nail in them

Return to “Battlefield Accessories & Enhancements”