Radar ideas

OdysseySlipways
Recruit

Radar ideas

Post by OdysseySlipways »

i sometimes tag in with the 1:6 scale r/c tank combat guys and when i'm not doing something, the mind is always thinking or i'm putting pen to paper of ideas.

i just posted in another thread (it has a newly built barn) about some basic (not to any real scale) concrete wall and bunker ideas, but in the grand scheme of things i wanted something more than just walls and bunkers, something to make it more of a mission, then i thought of a communications base (of sorts) and what could i use to make it look the part. i ended up thinking of radars and what could easily be made into radars? how about fan cages? i don't have any as of yet (may end up buying them little junk ones at the dollar store). i thought if i where to mount them to some sort of pvc pipe and maybe mount it to a small bunker with string/twine running about it (cables and such) to dress it up a bit and i'd have me a radar or communications dish. i am also thinking about doing the same but using some cheap steel bowl or maybe try them cheap plastic salad bowls for some others, painting them black or a very dark gray, then laying window screen over them and giving them a shot of light gray to give it some detail look.

some of these bowls may also have a microphone in them as some of the bunkers will have plexi-glass windows to put video cameras in, but since they would record muffled sounds from in there, i'm going to look into plug-in mic's and put them in the dishes and point them in the same direction the camera is in.

didn't know if any of this might be of interest to anyone.

when i start working on this in the spring, i'll be sure to take pictures and post as much info as possible

chris
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Radar ideas

Post by AlwynTurner »

Hi Chris, found this and thought you might get some useful info
http://www.lonesentry.com/blog/german-r ... -wwii.html
Some of the stuff looks like cake or oven rack!
Hope it's useful
Alwyn
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
OdysseySlipways
Recruit

Post by OdysseySlipways »

nice! i like 3, 4, and 5 on the top line - wish i could read the names under them a bit better so i can start a search for them. i'm sure i could make some sort of basic structure for the 3 of them and just add detail as need be.

never thought about some cheap bakers rack
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Hi Chris the radar names are in the list above the picture giant wurzburg, small wurzburg, etc. There should be more info if you search the web. Regards. Alwyn
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild

Return to “Battlefield Accessories & Enhancements”