Train at 1/16.

Snipermadrid
Recruit

Train at 1/16.

Post by Snipermadrid »

Hello from Spain from Madrid to be exact.

I put this topic here to see who can lend me a hand with the issue of Trains 1/16 scale and there is not much information about it.
I've been watching several videos of RK modellbau and its sceneries I enjoyed that element.
We are thinking about doing the same for the association here in Madrid and we propose a scenario for our modern cats also love the old ones.

Would need aid where I can start as we have watched the scale but we modify g falls a bit short as it is 1/22, 5 scale.

Greetings from Spain.

Anthony
sassgrunt
Sergeant

Re: Train at 1/16.

Post by sassgrunt »

I have thought about this subject as well. Along with building a railcar, even a siding could hold a flatcar carrying a static model of a Tiger or Panther. LGB track has a 1-3/4" gauge. For 1/16th scale, what it really needs to be is double that, or 3-1/2" gauge. One idea I have heard of is to cut LGB track right down the middle, and then mount the two sides to a board at the correct 3-1/2" gauge. Then, (rather than trying to rebuild the missing centers) cover the gap and the area inside the rails with ballast. I was thinking that if you make two-foot sections of this, it could be transported to an area and joined together to make a temporary railway. In the message thread right before yours, someone asked a similar question, and a link was provided to a British manufacturer of 3-1/2" gauge track. That would certainly be easier; though it wouldn't be cheaper.
mcevoyi
2nd Lieutenant

Post by mcevoyi »

Hi all

Quick reply ....ummm why not just buy the rail's ...there anr so may suppliers that do just the rails ,,here in the uk is a company called peco ....and i know they supply a good few retailer is spain..as there are so many english liveing is souther spain that have large garden lay outs ,..

I do know that lgb track and trains are infact about 1/20 ....there not totally accurate ...there designed to fit round a tight radius curve ....and the compromise is the length between traction wheels on a bogey

In the usa ,,there are .....were ..3 main manufactures of large scale trains ..one now has ceased production Aristocraft ....who produced a fantastic range of steam and diesel locomotive with rolling stock ,.,in 1/29 ...there is also still I've and kicking a company called USA Trains ...also 1/29
And of course ..one of the best is bachmann ...who supply loco's and stock in two scales'1/20.3 ....and ' lgb ' scale ....and then there

All the above runn on the same NMRA size track .. which is termed "G" scles ...G actually means ,,Garden ,,,,and covers a mulittude of scales ...
jaw7620
Private

Post by jaw7620 »

For my 5" gauge railway I bought the rail and fixings separate and made my own hardwood sleepers.There are many companies in the UK which can supply these items in 3 1/2" gauge,these include Reeves 2000 and The miniature railway supply company ltd.On fleabay a chap called paulnormanplastics can supply it.Hope this helps.
Snipermadrid
Recruit

Post by Snipermadrid »

Thankyou so much!

Yes I see the other post and I waching the page in ebay but it´s only for rail road not for locomotive info.

I need this info for metric build sure I think with this info are very difficult.

Thankyou best regards

Antonio.
mcevoyi
2nd Lieutenant

Post by mcevoyi »

Hi there Antonio

The track is 45 mm .....
Snipermadrid
Recruit

Post by Snipermadrid »

Hello mcevoyi!

Thanks but the measure is for 1/16 or G scale it´s same this.

Thankyou best regards.

Antonio
Snipermadrid
Recruit

Post by Snipermadrid »

Hello from to Spain!

Thankyou for infiormation but I some question for 1/16 scale train amd spur IIIe.

I see in a some page for this question 1/16 and spur IIIe is a similiar but I put the track section of my 1/160 and calculate the real scale for 1/16 and this is 9cm to1/16 no 4,5cm with the same to G scale.

Please I need help for this question.

Thanyuo soo much

Antonio

Return to “Battlefield Accessories & Enhancements”