Heng Long Panzer 4 Gearbox mounting plate.

Is there anything in particular that you want? Ask for it here and see if anybody has what you're looking for.
Forum rules
RULES LAST UPDATED 25/03/2019
Please make sure you are up to date with the Wanted section rules and guidelines before creating a new post. You can find them here: viewtopic.php?t=27359
jarndice
Colonel

Heng Long Panzer 4 Gearbox mounting plate.

Post by jarndice »

Can anyone point me in the right direction wherein I can find a Heng Long Plastic hull Panzer 4 Gearbox Mounting Plate ?
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Heng Long Panzer 4 Gearbox mounting plate.

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

I didn't think it had a mounting plate, Shaun. Doesn't it just have moulded-in standoffs? Taigen tend to utilise mounting plates for their boxes (pz 111 etc.,), but I didn't think HL did. Then again, it's been a while since I've looked inside the plastic type. :)

and here's a bare hull you yourself once commented on :D
https://www.forgebeartanks.com/store/p6 ... _Base.html
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Thank you for the information ROY,
It has been a long time since I worked with a Heng Long Plastic hull as well but I have finished all of my Taigen metal PZ4 hulls and so I started on this bargain buy from Dave by filling every hole and gap on the inside of the hull with MMD Green Putty in preparation for the Devcon Epoxy lining of the floor before Dremmelling out the battery box in the Heng Long Plastic hull making sure I left the support pillars in place,
My PZ4 spares box has been raided to add some metal to the suspension and Wheels, sprockets and idlers I took the opportunity to drop the rear roller mounts when I fitted the metal rollers and with a pair of track tensioners and metal tracks as well as a pair of metal gearbox output covers and bearings all I need to sign off the hull mechanically is the installation of the gearboxes,
I have just ordered a pair of Heng Long Ultimate Gearboxes from www.forgebeartanks.com because the previous pair have proven to be very good value for money but they are in that G*dawful schumo metal hull on a metal gearbox mounting plate,
I will on your suggestion try to mount the gearboxes onto the floor of the hull but I will feel no remorse at all stripping the plate out of the schumo hull and using it if the Heng Long base is not up to the job.
It really does look as though it could do with a bit of bracing.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

jarndice wrote:It really does look as though it could do with a bit of bracing.
Better start eating more soup and hammering those tins flat ;)
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I was thinking of something more substantial, A Frey Bentos Steak and Kidney pie perhaps :haha:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

jarndice wrote:I was thinking of something more substantial, A Frey Bentos Steak and Kidney pie perhaps :haha:
Yeah, that's more substantial in all ways :haha:

Love those pies, just don't like waking up in the middle of the night with heartburn :thumbdown:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

If the Asiatam panzer IV metal gearbox brace is OK for you, just tell me.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

43rdRecceReg wrote:I didn't think it had a mounting plate, Shaun. Doesn't it just have moulded-in standoffs? Taigen tend to utilise mounting plates for their boxes (pz 111 etc.,), but I didn't think HL did. Then again, it's been a while since I've looked inside the plastic type. :)

and here's a bare hull you yourself once commented on :D
https://www.forgebeartanks.com/store/p6 ... _Base.html
Dave came up with the goods this morning with a pair of Ultimate 11 gearboxes and of course you are quite right Roy they do fit directly onto the floor of the PZ4 Hull :thumbup:
Jarlath
Corporal

Post by Jarlath »

You could do a resin pour to enhance the mounting of the gearboxes to the HL plastic hull.

I do this in any hull that does not have torsion suspension. It allows me to use M3 Button Head screws (through the bottom hull) and nylok nuts to secure the gearboxes tight to the lower hull, once the original screw threads get worn out from changing gearboxes...
Attachments
HL T34 with full resin base and braces
HL T34 with full resin base and braces
HL_T34_Gearboxes.jpg (84.48 KiB) Viewed 1011 times
HL JP with resin "Base" for gearboxes
HL JP with resin "Base" for gearboxes
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I already plan to line the floor behind the gearboxes with Resin, I had not thought about coating under the gearboxes but I shall certainly give some thought to it, Thank You :thumbup:

Return to “Wanted”