Panzer IV and Stug III

Is there anything in particular that you want? Ask for it here and see if anybody has what you're looking for.
Forum rules
RULES LAST UPDATED 25/03/2019
Please make sure you are up to date with the Wanted section rules and guidelines before creating a new post. You can find them here: viewtopic.php?t=27359
SimonCornes
Lance Corporal

Panzer IV and Stug III

Post by SimonCornes »

I’m looking for a Heng Long Panzer IV and Stug but I also want them with HL v6 electronics. I’m not sure even that they’ve been released with anything more than HL
Tk5.3 ? Nothing much doing on eBay. I could get the Stug, ex MFU but it looks like it’s got RX18 hardware so I find it a bit fiddly to connect to a TK6 but it might be the best option?
As for a Panzer IV, they don’t seem to be available at all unless you buy Taigen and I’m trying to keep the cost down. Please pm me if you can help,
Thanks
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Panzer IV and Stug III

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

There's a vendor on Ebay selling the PZ111 and IV with V6 electronics. The seller's name is "i-love-tea-time", is based in China, and has a reassuring rating The products are described as 'Upgraded', which means they have metal tracks, sprockets and so on, apart from the V6.0 heart. But, at up to £182, they're not cheap. Then again, not much is these days. :think:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/iloveteatime ... 7675.l2563
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
SimonCornes
Lance Corporal

Post by SimonCornes »

I’m familiar with that vendor and they also have a stock supply in the U.K. They sell tanks ex MFU but all other electronics as well. It seems as though the U.K. stock is old mfus though - they have a Stug at about £128 plus £20 postage and it has an aerial so I think it’s RX18. You really need to look at their stock though because there are often multiple adverts with various levels of upgrade. Yesterday I could have sworn I saw the Stug at £128 plus postage but ex MFU. It’s a bit of a minefield! I actually have a spare 6.1 MFU but you don’t get all the LED 2 pin plugs when buying the TK6.1 but the Stug might not be so bad as there’s no traverse. The £128 doesn’t include the ir combat system but I’m. It sure how much that matters!!
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Both Heng Long and Taigen have been very disappointing over recent years,
No revised Turret or Control board indeed no PZ4 of any configuration in 2 years from Heng Long and Taigen have been in my opinion much worse in that they have produced pretty much the definitive Panzer 4 Turret and done sweet bug*er all to the rest of the Tank.
Good luck in your search, I don't hold out much hope though :thumbdown:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
SimonCornes
Lance Corporal

Post by SimonCornes »

It seems as though they choose to update a limited part of their range, not the whole of it. I suspect they have a large stock of 5.3 and even RX18 equipped stock and are trying to shift it any way they can. I don’t mind paying £100 for a tank without MFU and I may be tempted with this £150 deal for a Stug but when, in my heart of hearts, I know that the performance of the TK 6 board is so much better than anything that precedes it I don’t really see the point of buying something inferior for more than £100. I suppose that’s why I look on eBay for ‘pre-owned’ but you seldom find anything for less than £100 that’s worth having. I actually have a spare P.IV upper and lower hull but no running gear, motors or gearboxes. When you price them up individually you might as well buy a complete tank! A case of waiting I think- but frustrating though!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

SimonCornes wrote:I’m familiar with that vendor and they also have a stock supply in the U.K. They sell tanks ex MFU but all other electronics as well. It seems as though the U.K. stock is old mfus though - they have a Stug at about £128 plus £20 postage and it has an aerial so I think it’s RX18. You really need to look at their stock though because there are often multiple adverts with various levels of upgrade. Yesterday I could have sworn I saw the Stug at £128 plus postage but ex MFU. It’s a bit of a minefield! I actually have a spare 6.1 MFU but you don’t get all the LED 2 pin plugs when buying the TK6.1 but the Stug might not be so bad as there’s no traverse. The £128 doesn’t include the ir combat system but I’m. It sure how much that matters!!
You can buy the flat two-pin LED connectors cheaply on Ebay. I used some recently on my Comet project (with TK 6.1s electronics). Find an older StuG, or PzIV, and put the spare 6.1 MFU in it. It's not that difficult, but does involve some soldering.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
jee
Staff Sergeant

Post by jee »

I know they are being sold here in Russia.

https://copterdrone.ru/catalog/tanks/he ... -1pro-v60/#

I doubt they will sent it internationally.
Regards,
Jaap :wave:
SimonCornes
Lance Corporal

Post by SimonCornes »

Thanks guys for the advice and opinion. I will proceed and look for the cheapest Stug I can find!!

Return to “Wanted”