Suspension for Heng Long Sherman - now sorted!

Is there anything in particular that you want? Ask for it here and see if anybody has what you're looking for.
Forum rules
RULES LAST UPDATED 25/03/2019
Please make sure you are up to date with the Wanted section rules and guidelines before creating a new post. You can find them here: viewtopic.php?t=27359
SimonCornes
Lance Corporal

Suspension for Heng Long Sherman - now sorted!

Post by SimonCornes »

This is a really odd request! I am in the process of respraying my brand new Sherman. Everything is in a nice coat of Tamiya Olive Drab No9 and I have been painting the tyres on the road wheels and idlers in Panzer Grey and spraying the tracks in my favourite shade of dark metallic silver and have then applied a coat of track wash. Great! Yes it is but I have since realised that I have 4 right hand suspension units and 2 left!! Obviously some poor soul at the Heng Long factory wasn't watching what they are doing. Unfortunately, as I've sprayed it, I can't send it back to the suppliers so, a request. Does anyone who may have replaced their running gear with metal units have a decent left hand side unit that they would either sell to me or swap for my 'spare' right hand side? My Plan B is to buy a lower hull but it seems a pity to do that, especially as I'd still be stuck with an odd number of suspension units on the spare lower hull!

If you can help, please PM me,
Many thanks

Simon
Last edited by SimonCornes on Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Suspension for Heng Long Sherman

Post by jarndice »

Hi Simon,
Who did you buy the M4 from?
if it was a reputable dealer I feel sure that if you explain what has happened that they will do the right thing and provide the correct suspension unit/s :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
SimonCornes
Lance Corporal

Post by SimonCornes »

jarndice wrote:Hi Simon,
Who did you buy the M4 from?
if it was a reputable dealer I feel sure that if you explain what has happened that they will do the right thing and provide the correct suspension unit/s :thumbup:
Bought via eBay from a company called Wicked Imports in Crewe. They are just a warehouse. They occasionally get returns but normally for electronic faults which they then sell off on Ebay for spares or repair. As it stands, what can they do with a tank which only has 2 suspension units on the left side? Of course I can ask and I can drive over easily enough. If I hadn't painted it then it would have been a straight swap, no problem. What a pain! But it strikes me that there must be loads of spare units amongst the rctankwarfare 'massif' who have upgraded to Taigen metal units? Or maybe not!
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

I can do you a swap, as I want to convert a set to M3 anyway, so it shouldn't matter which hand they are when the return roller is going dead centre.

Can you post a picture of the one you WANT, just to make sure no wires get crossed :thumbup:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
SimonCornes
Lance Corporal

Post by SimonCornes »

That’s brilliant - phew!!
Could you Message me your email address and I will forward a photo- the last time I used a photo service it was Photobucket and it was such a pain to use it that when they decided to charge, I stopped so I don’t post images anymore! I hope that’s okay?
Simon
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Kaczor »

You can upload pictures on this forum without need of third party service... Just click Upload attachment under post.
SimonCornes
Lance Corporal

Post by SimonCornes »

Okay, let’s try!

Problem- it’s 1.6 MiB - not sure how to make it less than 1 ?
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

LOL. This is a left hand one.
Attachments
suspension-unit-late-1600x913.png

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
SimonCornes
Lance Corporal

Post by SimonCornes »

Yes, that’s the one Mick!
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Cool :thumbup:

Let's share postal details via PM :thumbup:

Return to “Wanted”