Want an RC Kubelwagen

Is there anything in particular that you want? Ask for it here and see if anybody has what you're looking for.
Forum rules
RULES LAST UPDATED 25/03/2019
Please make sure you are up to date with the Wanted section rules and guidelines before creating a new post. You can find them here: viewtopic.php?t=27359
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Want an RC Kubelwagen

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Jimster wrote:How in the world am I supposed to solder all those connector pins to that receiver? Too small and there’s no room to work! Any recommendations for a better receiver in case I screw this one up?
It is not too small at all... And better receiver? That one is the best 4ch receiver I have seen, the smaller, the better! If it was a tank, ok, but in such a small thing...

And you can also solder the wires directly to it, without the pins, like I did here. Next to it is a benedini micro, and the lights pins are half the size of the pins in that receiver.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=30323

In that pic I only soldered the servo wires for showing clarity, but is the same...
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

Good luck with the soldering, have you tried the solder paste and a lighter. Looks like you would have to be careful and use a tiny soldering iron tip. :O
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

I’ll see how it goes. Slow and careful seems to be the way to go. I may even consider soldering the wires directly to the board. That would save space.
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Jimster wrote:I’ll see how it goes. Slow and careful seems to be the way to go. I may even consider soldering the wires directly to the board. That would save space.
Before you start soldering anything Id recommend you to use another receiver and start learning how to use that equipment. Once you know how it works then solder the wires and make it as small as possible.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Excellent advice. I will do that.
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Jimster wrote:Things are getting ready to happen now. Got the decals applied and now I’ve gathered the electronics and it’s time to install everything. I have a Notek light, 4 channel receiver and my Benedini Mini V2 arrived today! I’ll do the weathering and detail work last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is going to be awesome Jim, just take your time and plan it thru and then go for it. That is going tone an awesome Kubelwagen which I think everyone will be jealous of. I am yet to dabble with sound effects, but I think I need to
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Might be the right time to shift this to Other Builds ?
Moved from the wanted phase to the "ive got it & am jumping right in" stage !! :haha:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

You are absolutely correct. Next post will be started in a more appropriate thread :thumbup:
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Jim,

The "Man" Rad has spoken. Get on with it then! :D

Just kidding, like the others said "planning, nice and slow, and practice sounds good too". I have no doubts that you'll do just fine! :thumbup: I'm not worried at all (easy since I'm not the one doing it)! I could eff that up so many different ways it wouldn't even be funny! :/

Good luck, take a sip of whiskey and steady as she goes! Watching with much interest! :wave:

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!

Return to “Wanted”