Pz iv drivers viewport

Is there anything in particular that you want? Ask for it here and see if anybody has what you're looking for.
Forum rules
RULES LAST UPDATED 25/03/2019
Please make sure you are up to date with the Wanted section rules and guidelines before creating a new post. You can find them here: viewtopic.php?t=27359
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Pz iv drivers viewport

Post by midlife306 »

Hi All, I’m in the middle of building a Kugelblitz & converting a Taigen upper hull to suit. This involved replacing the front & sides of the upper hull because the top of the Kugelblitz is flat, not tapered like the Pz iv.

Well, while I was trying to remove the plastic drivers view port from the old Taigen front panel with snips it shattered into several pieces & I can’t find most of it Doh!!
So please, if you have a spare Pz iv drivers viewport, metal or plastic please let me know, I’m happy to pay for it & the postage.
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Pz iv drivers viewport

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Trust you to come up with another 'funny', Wayne (without the Hobart :thumbup: ). That's very, very nice :D
Couldn't you use the broken bits to shape and make a mould of the view port, with putty? Then you could use Milliput or similar to make it.
It used to be possible to buy the Pz IV upper hull fairly cheaply- for donor purposes. That's if no one has a spare. Another option might be to get the front armour plate with driver's visor from the Tamiya 'D' sprue. Should someone happen to have that part going spare.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

I was going to ask what it looked like, but somehow I don't think a lot of tiny bits would be a very good example :haha: :haha:

Used snips instead of little saw :lolno:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
midlife306

Post by midlife306 »

Well, truth be told, I can’t find ANY of the bits..
I’ve been searching all over for hours with no luck, half my workshop is a storage space with loads of boxes so the bits are lost for all eternity....
Soo, where can I find the infamous D spru??
Cheers
Wayne

midlife306

Post by midlife306 »

ImageLike this Mick Image

BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

I'm still training to understand the use of "snips", just sounds like a bad idea. :O

Would not a razor saw have worked much better? :think:

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
midlife306

Post by midlife306 »

Hind sight is a very powerful tool...

43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

midlife306 wrote:Well, truth be told, I can’t find ANY of the bits..
I’ve been searching all over for hours with no luck, half my workshop is a storage space with loads of boxes so the bits are lost for all eternity....
Soo, where can I find the infamous D spru??
Cheers
Wayne

I feel your frustration. I once lost one of the Tamiya Pz IV's suspension components, and the only way to replace it, was buying another set >:< One of these days, it'll appear under a skirting board.
Axel sells the 'D" sprue. Currently, though, it's not available and (I'd forgotten), the price couldn't justify getting one. If someone has the sprue, and is prepared to part with just that component, it might yet be a 'yippee! moment. if not, a cheap upper hull is another option. Heng Long Panzer.de sold me a couple in the past; but they're already in existing projects. :problem: It's worth a look, though.
https://www.rctank.de/Panzer-IV-upper-h ... -unpainted
https://www.axels-modellbau-shop.de/kat ... -1-16.html
Last edited by 43rdRecceReg on Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
midlife306

Post by midlife306 »

Thanks Roy

Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

midlife306 wrote:Hind sight is a very powerful tool...
Not as powerful as snips it would seem :haha: :haha:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?

Return to “Wanted”