Tamiya King Tiger Recoil Unit needed

Is there anything in particular that you want? Ask for it here and see if anybody has what you're looking for.
Forum rules
RULES LAST UPDATED 25/03/2019
Please make sure you are up to date with the Wanted section rules and guidelines before creating a new post. You can find them here: viewtopic.php?t=27359
43rdRecceReg
Major

Tamiya King Tiger Recoil Unit needed

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

This is the same full-option unit fitted to the Jagdpanther p/n: 4205031. It's out of stock at Axel's. I know It's probably unlikely, but if anybody has one, and is prepared to part with it, I'll pay a fair price for it. :thumbup:
Cheers.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
tomhugill
Captain

Re: Tamiya King Tiger Recoil Unit needed

Post by tomhugill »

Pretty sure I've got one

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

I am installing servo recoil and servo elevation in all of my tamiya tanks. If Tom does not find his unit Ill be able to send you mine, but I will need some time first, like a month or so.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

:thumbup: Many thanks, Tom and Rad! I have a recoil unit, and it fits most Tamiya full-option models (PZ IV, Panther, etc.,). As it happens, the Panther unit won't fit the Jagdpanther, possibly because the recoil length needs to be a shade longer than on other models; except for the King Tiger, that is. :problem:
Normally, the two wee tapped holes used to attach the unit to its retaining bracket lie inline with a line drawn through the centre of the bracket. On the JP and KT, the holes are off-centre. :/
I'm in no great hurry, lads, but just let me know if you have one for certain, and how much you'd like for it. Hobbyco (the only designated UK dealer) don't have one, but say they can order from Japan.
Rad, I wouldn't expect you to have any tank with standard internals, let alone a Tamiya model :thumbup: :D There's one way of doing sthings, and then there's the Rad way :D Long may it be so.
While I'm happy to adapt other tanks, I like to keep the Tamiyas close to spec, in case I need to sell one on. I think potential buyers prefer them in an 'original' state- ish.
That said, I'm unlikely ever to part with one ere it parts with me. :lolno: :D
PM any results
Roy :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “Wanted”