wanted right side tamiya king tiger gearbox

Is there anything in particular that you want? Ask for it here and see if anybody has what you're looking for.
Forum rules
RULES LAST UPDATED 25/03/2019
Please make sure you are up to date with the Wanted section rules and guidelines before creating a new post. You can find them here: viewtopic.php?t=27359
paulc
Private

wanted right side tamiya king tiger gearbox

Post by paulc »

hi all currently converting a Tamiya KT into a Jagdtiger and I have just noticed that the right drive axel is bent in the gearbox. brought the KT second hand as it had turret damage which I thought great would do for a conversion. come to install the schumo gear reduction and noticed the drive axle is bent. I'm in the uk and most places I've tried are either out of stock, discontinued, or waiting for supply and on top of that coming in at around £70 plus postage. has anyone got one lying around I would gladly take it of there hands.. I could just whip it out of my KT but it would still leave me needing one. any help appreciated.
Tamiya tanks X2 Shermans, JS2, KV1,KV2, Pershing, x2 Tiger, King tiger, Panther, Jagdpanther, Panzer IV, Jagdpanzer.
Heng long Panzer III
Torro Sturmtiger
Tamiya / Torro Jagdtiger
jeff489
Recruit

Re: wanted right side tamiya king tiger gearbox

Post by jeff489 »

I have a soft spot for people scratch building a JT. I actually scratch built a JT in 2004. Still runs great, but I don't run it too much any more.

FYI, you can use a Tiger gearbox as well. Compared to a KT gearbox, they just have different height standoffs on the bottom. Easily swapped from the KT gearboxes.

If you need some used Tamiya gearboxes, I've got a bunch of them (maybe 10 extra sets (ranging from pretty new to well used)), along with several of the Schumo 3:1 geardowns. Just leftovers from some tanks I swapped to different drive systems. I'm in California, US, so shipping might be a bunch to you. If you are interested in what I have, let me know and I can take some pics and put prices to them.
paulc
Private

Post by paulc »

would be interested in what you have if you can let me know prices and what you have ect can send payment by pay pal if that's ok. would be interested in the other schumo 3;1 as ive got a tiger, king tiger and pershing in the queue to be done and I have to get my parts from germany so I pay about £15 postage any time I order. Uk suppliers have gone rubbish and overpriced or just dried up many
thanks for your help
Tamiya tanks X2 Shermans, JS2, KV1,KV2, Pershing, x2 Tiger, King tiger, Panther, Jagdpanther, Panzer IV, Jagdpanzer.
Heng long Panzer III
Torro Sturmtiger
Tamiya / Torro Jagdtiger
jeff489
Recruit

Post by jeff489 »

Ok, I'll dig them out and take some pics. I'll post pics and prices for you.
paulc
Private

Post by paulc »

manged to sort it out I think, stripped the gear and drive axle, applied a bit of brute force with hammer on a wooden clock and now sits nice. fitted the gear reduction now just got to reinstall into the hull.
Heng long Panzer III
Torro Sturmtiger
Tamiya / Torro Jagdtiger

Return to “Wanted”