PZ IV drive sprockets

Is there anything in particular that you want? Ask for it here and see if anybody has what you're looking for.
Forum rules
RULES LAST UPDATED 25/03/2019
Please make sure you are up to date with the Wanted section rules and guidelines before creating a new post. You can find them here: viewtopic.php?t=27359
Lert
Sergeant

PZ IV drive sprockets

Post by Lert »

I'm building a Nashorn, and the Pz III drive sprockets I have are slightly too big, the track doesn't fit between the sprocket and the fender. Does anyone have a set of the slightly smaller Pz IV sprockets they wouldn't mind sending over?

Yes I could buy new, but if anyone has a set lying around that's just gathering dust, that would be preferable. Plastic spares from a donor vehicle no problem.
JagdPanther / Leopard 2A6 / StuG Ausf. G / KV-2 / M4A3A4 / MTLB / 2.5 ton truck 6x6
c.rainford73
Major

Re: PZ IV drive sprockets

Post by c.rainford73 »

What brand panzer III sprockets are you using currently and could a minor shift of the gearboxes outward a mm or 2 make a difference?

With my kit from Alwyn I'm using taigen Panzer III sprockets and all works excellent.

The panzer III sprockets really make it look the part that's why I'm asking if they can still be employed.
Tanks alot.... :wave:
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

If the fender is an issue could you make a metal or styrene front fender and hinge it like I have on my panzer IV ?
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Rad built this lower hull and made some hinged front fenders since the asiatam metal lower has the drive sprockets at the correct height. Image

Return to “Wanted”