Long shaft gearboxes for parts

Is there anything in particular that you want? Ask for it here and see if anybody has what you're looking for.
Forum rules
RULES LAST UPDATED 25/03/2019
Please make sure you are up to date with the Wanted section rules and guidelines before creating a new post. You can find them here: viewtopic.php?t=27359
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Long shaft gearboxes for parts

Post by AlwynTurner »

Sent another PM with address, let me know if you don't get it.

Alwyn
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Lastly, do you have the 8mm rod? I have a bit of stainless, but only 160mm long
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

I've got the 8mm stainless thanks.

Alwyn :thumbup: :wave:

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Right then, a pair of shafts, turns out, these are a little tighter in the bearings than my Pershing of the earlier picture.
I've put in four un flanged bearings, 8 id, 16 od, 5 thick.
And, two of each flanged, 8 id, 16 od, 18 flange diameter, but two are 5 thick, and two are 6 thick. Flange thickness is 1 and 1.2 thick respectively.

Put what you don't use in your spares box.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Brilliant Mick thank you very much. I hereby dedicate the 1/6 Bren Carrier transmission to your good self. :clap: :clap: :thumbup: :D

I would like to thank everyone on the forum who has offered advice and help on this project, it really speaks to what our forum is all about and is a massive encouragement to me in what is proving to be a very demanding and interesting project. At the end I'm hoping to be able to offer kits of parts to anyone wanting to build what is an underated and much valued piece of fighting equipment that served in many theatres of war. According to Wiki it is the most produced armoured fighting vehicle in history.

Alwyn :thumbup: :wave:

43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Totally agree about the support benefits of the Forum, Alwyn :D
As for the Universal Carrier, it was so popular that the Germans had as many as 100 (captured examples) in use during the War. What's more, it's said that the tracks and suspension on the Maultier (Mule) SdKfz 3 were based on those fitted to the Universal Carrier. Praise indeed, eh?
The example found in the Museum Bovington sports the 43Rd Wessex Division Wyvern insignia. I had to smile at that, as it could have been one of the UCs my Dad, and his brother, recce'd in. :D
I must build one of these. :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “Wanted”