Tiger 1 suspension part

Is there anything in particular that you want? Ask for it here and see if anybody has what you're looking for.
Forum rules
RULES LAST UPDATED 25/03/2019
Please make sure you are up to date with the Wanted section rules and guidelines before creating a new post. You can find them here: viewtopic.php?t=27359
Ludwig von wigbearer
Staff Sergeant

Tiger 1 suspension part

Post by Ludwig von wigbearer »

Hi all, is there a UK based tanker who has the part pictured from who i can beg, steal, or buy, it only comes as part of the lower hull for the Tiger 1, failing this it will be a repair with JB Weld

regards john :wave:
Attachments
P1060478.JPG
Ludwig von wigbearer
Staff Sergeant

Re: Tiger 1 suspension part

Hi, sorry to put the make, its taigen/torro, in fact a torro sturmtiger, dave (forgebear) is going to try to get some in stock if possible.

regards john
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

There you've hit upon a perennial problem with all RTR 1/16 tanks: specific spares are sometimes hard to come by, unless it's a smoker, or other electronic part. Where suspension parts are available, they tend to be sold in sets, like these bespoke ones from Dominique at RCtank.de
Adjustable suspension for Tiger and King Tiger
Adjustable suspension for Tiger and King Tiger
corleis-adjustable-suspension-metal-lower-hull-kingtiger-hl-taigen.jpg (193.95 KiB) Viewed 850 times
Let's hope Dave can get hold of some. Failing that, maybe someone is 'breaking' an old donor Tiger. It might be worth checking Ebay for a cheapo chassis.
But, as E.F. has said, that famous bonding agent will do the trick. So would a decent two-part epoxy (specifically for metal).
How did it bust in the first place? Has it been on a really rough assault course?
Best of luck anyway. I have lots of other bits and bobs, but sadly no torsion bar bits, otherwise you'd be welcome to them. :|
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Ludwig von wigbearer
Staff Sergeant

Hi, the sturmtiger is basically unused however i have owned it for a couple of years, i found the suspension arm
on the same torsion bar to be broken so got a replacement, upon total stripdown to fit the new arm i found the
extra damage, also the allen key on said suspension arm was rounded of so i think i got a friday afternoon special :thumbdown:

43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Ludwig von wigbearer wrote:Hi, the sturmtiger is basically unused however i have owned it for a couple of years, i found the suspension arm
on the same torsion bar to be broken so got a replacement, upon total stripdown to fit the new arm i found the
extra damage, also the allen key on said suspension arm was rounded of so i think i got a friday afternoon special :thumbdown:

Yes, it could be a Friday afternoon special, as you say. I had a StuG 111 delivered lately, with a severe case of floppy barrel. It would have cost too much to mail it back, so, I decided to fix it, and anyway, the original packaging was pretty battered when it arrived. No doubt, that was the cause of the problem, and not the (trusted) vendor pulling a fast one. To get the tiny elevation arm I needed, though, I had to buy the whole elevation motor to fix it.
but it was still cheaper, and a lot less hassle, than mailing off. :think:
Somebody here will probably have the bits you need, John. :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Ludwig von wigbearer
Staff Sergeant

Hi, a lot of the tanks i have bought have needed something doing to them, not always a new part needed but
a repair of some description, i think tankers possibly expect this and like you say its not worth returning a heavy
tank for the sake of a minor repair.

Return to “Wanted”