Want an RC Kubelwagen

Is there anything in particular that you want? Ask for it here and see if anybody has what you're looking for.

Postby Jimster » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:19 pm

Thanks, Eric. After seeing Rad’s awesome machine gun effect I would like to have a soldier on the passenger side spraying out some lead. I’m bad about copying cool stuff I see on this forum :{
But yes, I’m looking foreword to receiving my model and starting this project. They high quality of their models makes it worth the wait.
Jimster
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Postby EAO » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:31 am

So Jim,
Is that to say that Miss Leningrad is officially done? Once again, I find myself drooling over it in your videos. I keep noticing more details every time. I really love the early exhaust stacks on it. The reduced diameter exhaust ports really constrict the smoke from that great Baroness 2 unit and allow a very tight, high exhaust pattern. Under power it reminds me of the heavily modified tractors at tractor pulls. I think I'm developing a unhealthy fixation with that girl. You do know that you owe all of us a great detailed video with Boje now that she's complete. We're waiting!
Regards,
Eric.
EAO
Private

Postby Jimster » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:42 am

Right on, my man! Next couple of days I’ll get her out on maneuvers and shoot a bit of fresh video. However I can’t claim that it’s a product of my own. She was only made possible because of several members on this forum as a group effort which defiantly prohibits me from claiming it as “my” tank. It belongs to the forum.
I most certainly appreciate your accolades but can’t take 100% credit for her success. She’s a product of this most awesome forum without a doubt!
Jimster

Postby EAO » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:11 am

Jim,
It's very humble of you to say so. This place is pretty darn amazing. I've only been a member for a short time, but the others on here are gracious, knowledgeable, eager to help, and probably the most creative, inventive, and bright people I have ever had a chance to deal with. Everyone take a bow, you all have earned it my opinion!
Respectfully,
Eric.
P.S. eagerly awaiting the video.
EAO
Private

Postby midlife306 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:29 pm

EAO wrote:Jim,
It's very humble of you to say so. This place is pretty darn amazing. I've only been a member for a short time, but the others on here are gracious, knowledgeable, eager to help, and probably the most creative, inventive, and bright people I have ever had a chance to deal with. Everyone take a bow, you all have earned it my opinion!
Respectfully,
Eric.
P.S. eagerly awaiting the video.
To be honest, you did miss “grumpy in the morning” lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Postby EAO » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:36 pm

Ha! That's almost a given!
Eric.
EAO
Private

Postby Will01Capri » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:12 pm

Some pictures
Starting to really look the part, but only test printing prototype parts
Catherine will share progress after i have built the first prototype to trial fit of all the parts and tested their strength etc
All the doors and hatches and windshield should fold nicely
We just need to try and work on some of the small details now
Will01Capri

Postby Tiger6 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:35 pm

You're taking this far further than I ever would :thumbup:

Tiger6
Sergeant

Postby Jimster » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:20 pm

Seeing the process of designing and producing models is fascinating! You two are truly a dynamic duo.
Jimster

Postby WCP RC MODELS » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:49 am

Tiger6 wrote:You're taking this far further than I ever would :thumbup:

Thats just because Will is quite mad! You haven't seen the doorhandles yet haha
WCP RC MODELS
Recruit

Postby WCP RC MODELS » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:56 am

Some updates of the first build
Still a long way away, there are items and details still to print and fix, but we are really pleased with how this is turning out.
Hardest thing we imagine is hiding the wiring as this is a small open model.
Hope you like it so far Jim

Will decided to make the dorrs open and hinge as they should, but then went totally bonkers and made workign door handles for it!
The windscreen can be folded down or pulled up! Wiper blades and motor boxes still to install(no don't worry we are not making them actually work!......oh dear that may have given him another challenge!)

The top cover will be hinged and hide a 2s lipo or lion battery
The esc will be mounted somewhere when we can find space haha
A small micro receiver will be hidden up front under the front bonnet section

The suspension works with 4 link on back and a floating beam up front connected to nice micro alloy shock units. So maybe a upgraded Kubelwagen on some 'Koni' esque adjustaable coilovers haha

The tyres on this particular model are Tamiya tyres, which are now long discontinued and very hard to get hold of now, so if we make others in future we may have to make our own or continue to use Baloon style tyres which can still be bought from Tamiya or distributors
WCP RC MODELS
Recruit

Postby EAO » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:36 am

Man that is so cool! I understand none of it, but I sure love the way it looks. Amazing talent and knowledge! Very nice website too.

I'll be watching with awe!

Regards,
Eric.
EAO
Private

Postby Jimster » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:54 am

This is going to be so cool! Observing the process involved makes it even better. Hell, I don’t know if I’ll be able to do it any justice.
Jimster

Postby Trora » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:40 am

Estnische wrote:Hi JImster,

If you are interested in the Abt 502, you may like these video histories of the Armee Gruppe Nord retreat from Leningrad. There is even some posed footage of Carius that looks like it was taken when he received his Knights Cross.

I'm impressed by the work of this young man. The graphics make it much easier than constantly referring to maps and a lot of cool archival footage used. Certainly opens your eyes regarding the number of non-German troops fighting the Russians.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLp49DDWdnynFaUiBGEIoqGS6-T_gP8ysG

My Grandfathers family is from Riga - Latviya - moved back to germany in 1928 , five brithers , four sisters , 4 brothers served in the Waffen SS , one was in 43-45 in a latvian SS Reg in there Korps , surrender with the unit together with Nordland in Berlin

Be safe , the Atam Kübel drives not good , the gear and eloengine is not a good quality , in HL Forum Jham have a building report and shows what he did for work to make him drive great

William , the cost for your Kübel as a rtr ?

Trora
Lance Corporal

Postby Will01Capri » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:09 am

Hi Ralf. The cost Catherine will put up in the vendor section once this one is finished.
There are also lots of options and extras which could be specced into the build e.g.opening or fixed door. I fancy getting a turret designed for it in time aswell.
I would say in comparison to other models on the market this works out very cheap. But it also looks and works great
Will01Capri

Postby EAO » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:58 pm

Jimster wrote:This is going to be so cool! Observing the process involved makes it even better. Hell, I don’t know if I’ll be able to do it any justice.

Jim, I think you'll do the creator's of that kubel wagon just fine! Too bad you couldn't find a scale figure of Otto himself. Do I foresee a giant diorama in your basement? If so you should charge admission. It is very exciting to watch your "baby" come to life!

RenoirLV wrote:At this hour I can only digress too. Otto’s story is amazing. To survive all that is just a miracle.

Carius was indeed a Tiger in an unassuming human form. Can you even imagine having your foot smashed between a Tiger's turret and the hull?! I think I'd rather get shot! Just not seven times! Amazing book that I'm closing in on the ending now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]
EAO
Private

Postby Will01Capri » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:52 am

EAO wrote:
Jimster wrote:This is going to be so cool! Observing the process involved makes it even better. Hell, I don’t know if I’ll be able to do it any justice.

Jim, I think you'll do the creator's of that kubel wagon just fine! Too bad you couldn't find a scale figure of Otto himself. Do I foresee a giant diorama in your basement? If so you should charge admission. It is very exciting to watch your "baby" come to life!

RenoirLV wrote:At this hour I can only digress too. Otto’s story is amazing. To survive all that is just a miracle.

Carius was indeed a Tiger in an unassuming human form. Can you even imagine having your foot smashed between a Tiger's turret and the hull?! I think I'd rather get shot! Just not seven times! Amazing book that I'm closing in on the ending now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[/quote]

I can only say i know where a 1/6 scale figure is and the owner is willing to sell.
But he may be a little too big for this 1/16 Kubelwagen.
However it would be possible to scale up the model! haha
Will01Capri

Postby EAO » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:17 pm

Perhaps Jimster could be talking into upsizing to 1/6 scale?! I believe on the forum here it's referred to as "turning to the dark side"? Just imagine how far he would go with the detailing!

What do you think Jim?

Cheers,
Eric.
EAO
Private

Postby Jimster » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:41 pm

I’m too invested in 1/16 scale. Easier to carry (and pay for).
Jimster

Postby Will01Capri » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:22 pm

Jimster wrote:I’m too invested in 1/16 scale. Easier to carry (and pay for).

Hahahahahhaha
I'm with you Jim, I like 1/16 for me as it suits our small house.
Will01Capri

PreviousNext

Return to Wanted