FRAG: Business Buildings in Village

Panzerpaul
Private

FRAG: Business Buildings in Village

Post by Panzerpaul »

These photos show the progress made on one of 4 business oriented buildings we are making for the "other side of the tracks" part of the FRAG village. In this case its the "other side of the river and down by the RR tracks" part of town. :crazy: We have poured foundation pads for 4 buildings that will set parallel to the river bank on the west side along the brick pattern street that was finished last Oct. Behind the buildings is the north/south RR line. The center two of these buildings will each have a tower at the intersecting corner where the main road enters town. This is a throw back to the time of castles and Norman invaders, which is appropriate for our Normandy 1944 theme.

If anyone is interested, the towers are made from 6” diameter PVC pipe, typically used for underground sewer work….heavy and strong but only come in 10 foot lengths. I used 5 feet of it so I guess we will just have to make some more towers elsewhere on the battlefield… :O This first building will remain unfinished until my local supplier can restock the brick patterned plastic sheet and slate type roof sheets that I have been using. The second building of the two corner ones, is pretty far along (it was actually started first and used up the brick sheet) and I may have it completed in a week (but without the roof slate).

Each building will have a business theme. This one is a Pharmacie and has sustained battle damage...... a firefight broke out around it and the glass windows were shot up. The second building is a Hardware and has far heavier battle damage.....all to the tower. Pictures will follow for it once it is fully assembled.

I can’t wait to take these out to the field to see how they fit on the pads, and look overall. However, all our recent snow needs to melt first so I can even get in there. :lolno: :lolno: PP

"Attack...Attack...Attack !! Always the best defense"

Return to “Battlefield Buildings”