Post by Jake79 »

really nice..well done!!
Tamiya: 2 King Tigers
H/L,Taigen :Initial Tiger 1, Panzer III, Kv 2, Panther G, Bulldog, Leo 2A6
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Re: Battlefield House

Post by silversurfer1947 »

I have tried to simulate a bit of smoke damage and soot.
20161111_105433.jpg
20161111_105433.jpg (46.84 KiB) Viewed 5854 times
20161111_105459.jpg
20161111_105459.jpg (41.4 KiB) Viewed 5854 times
Then, of course, if you don't like it, you can always set fire to it ;D
phpBB [video]
phpBB [video]
phpBB [video]
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Just another ten to build and we will have that village that we all seek..... :S
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

I would love to build more of the village. However, a few but major logistic problems present themselves. Storage and transportation. Without some on-site storage, the practicalities of how this might be achieved evade me.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Yup, apart from flat pack houses, we are always going to struggle with that one. I can't get any more into my car without doing some DIY shelving to go in there, and even then, where do I store it when I get home?
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Same problem. I will have a think about flat pack.
Richard
bfrank1982
Private

Post by bfrank1982 »

Hello Gentlemen.

First off:
@Silversurfer - really nice build I must say - really realistic :)
Love the smoke!

Then: regarding flat pack buildings: wouldn't it be possible to do the houses in cardboard and use the timbered beams as supports when the structure is put up? If the beams were hinged in one end and could be put into place by simple pressure, it should hold the structure nicely?

The roof off course would have to be be detachable, but it could be sorted quite easily - perhaps kept in place with af few magnet strips?

And regarding destructable structures:
(I imagine walls and other brick work)
Couldn't it be done by making a primarlly solid wall hinged in the bottom, so when driven into, it simply folds down and could be resurrected later? With the use of a solid base plate and littered with small pieces og debri, it shold look quite nice?

Saw a youtube video, where af few diorama tress were mounted on small springs by their roots, and placed on a stable diorama plate and in a small hill like structure. When driven into, the tanks slowly knocked the trees down and made a nice entry to the battlefield.

Just my 2 humble cents worth :D

Keep up the good work - I really enjoy your fine results.

Regards
Bfrank
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Thanks for that. I'm not sure about cardboard, but the idea is certainly worth pursuing. Using small magnets to hold things together has some potential. I particularly like the idea of destructible walls/buildings. (As long as the tank drivers know which are the destructible ones!)
Richard
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Very nice work Richard :clap: looks the business with the smoke effects, I think I can see why it got blown up and so badly damaged though .... They couldn't miss the window frames :haha: :haha:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:

Return to “Battlefield Buildings”