FRAG Buildings Finished

Panzerpaul
Private

FRAG Buildings Finished

Post by Panzerpaul »

Here are a couple buildings finished by one of our members, Bob Rash. These are part of the Industrial Area on the north end of the village. One is a barn like structure, and the other is a small factory with blown out corner so a Tiger 1 can hide inside. These, like all our other buildins, are made of 1/2" plywwod and covered with wood trim, plaster effect for the stuuco and many have cedar shingles. Nice job Bob.
Attachments
Ind Bldg W T1.jpg
Ind Bldg W T1.jpg (31.62 KiB) Viewed 2521 times
Ind Bldg Top.jpg
Ind Bldg Top.jpg (35.61 KiB) Viewed 2521 times
Ind Bldg Rear.jpg
Ind Bldg Rear.jpg (26.1 KiB) Viewed 2521 times
Ind Bldg Front top.jpg
Ind Bldg Front top.jpg (26.28 KiB) Viewed 2521 times
Ind Bldg Front.jpg
Ind Bldg Front.jpg (28.7 KiB) Viewed 2521 times
Barn 2.jpg
Barn 1.jpg
Barn 1.jpg (95.09 KiB) Viewed 2521 times
"Attack...Attack...Attack !! Always the best defense"
The Tank Man
Staff Sergeant

Re: FRAG Buildings Finished

Post by The Tank Man »

I allways love the effort you guys put into making these building for your Tank heaven area you have! One day i will make a meet and drool over the effort !! :clap:
I love the smell of napalm in the morning!
OdysseySlipways
Recruit

Post by OdysseySlipways »

NICE!!!!

so what are you using for reference material so they are to scale? do you have access to some building plans?

i have been looking for some simple farm structures (similar to what you have there) along with some open sheds (large enough to store some farming tractors in) along with some old, small work shops, maybe like small machine shops.

currently i have some ideas sketched up to make this spring (that i hope to be able to put on the battlefield) that include some concrete walls and bunkers (very basic, nothing from any kind of plans). i figure the walls will be made from some pine boards (or plywood, have to compare prices) between 4'-6' lengths (to account for uneven terrain) with some slots/notches on the bottom for supports to fit into. i figure this design will allow for easy set up on any terrain.

for the bunkers, i have the round ones (i have them posted somewhere in this site) that will be used as pill boxes but will also make some short, square pill boxes (maybe 6" pin boards and plywood top) to mix in with them and then make a few taller bunkers (made from ripped down plywood as the pine boards will be just to costly). they will most likely be 12"-14" tall but they be of different sizes, i figure i can have a few smaller bunkers that can be placed on top of the larger ones or keep them all separate, giving me the ability to mix it up every time.

the structures will have lift off lids so the walls can be hinged and fold to make transporting and storage a lot easier.

when it comes time to building all of this, i'll be sure to take more pictures and give specs of things as i go along.

*forgot to mention this is for 1:6 tank combat (with paintballs)
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Nice work on that house, the scenery that you guys are getting together is excellent, you are moving the bar upwards. It looks like the days of empty cornflake packets are truly over... :shifty:
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
tiger tiger
Sergeant

Post by tiger tiger »

very nice work there. merry xmas to all. regards stuart
Grantham Light Armoured Division RCTC

Return to “Battlefield Buildings”